Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kind of MIA

In response to my last entry, where you may recall, a rare Socky Head, possibly in the menancing presence of two Orange Traffic Safety Cones was "safely" standing on shore when we last saw him/her/it.

two orange cones and orange plastic pole
A Corgi in Southern California asked "How would we know if they were wearing life vests if the life vests were orange?" and that is a durn good question!

I thought about what I've seen in my many walks amongst the "orange folks" and could not distinctly recall a case where I ever saw an orange traffic safety cone actually swimming - wearing a lifevest or otherwise.

I recalled a case where I had seen some orange barrels "swimming with the fishes" (you can read about them here) but I did not know (and still do not know) if they were swimming, dead, or doing something else altogether.

And then, just as I was about to go outside and toss an orange cone into a large puddle (in the interest of furthering my knowledge and science in general, of course), I got this fabulous photograph in an e-mail from photojournalist Farside of Fifty who reports seeing this talented Socky Head taking a swim!

a long skinny cone floating in a small pond
P.s., I'm still tempted to toss a cone - stay tuned. :)

I've leave you with this - something I saw/heard by accident, a song from "How I Met Your Mother" (video) that has been stuck in my head - yes... I think the noise in my head has gone from bad to worse...

Hey, Beaver come on
When you feel alone
Just pick up that phone
And I’ll be there to share my ice cream cone
We’ll lick it side by side
And deep inside you’ll know
Before the day is done

Two beavers are better than one
Da da da da da da da da da da da da
Two beavers are better than one
They’re twice the fun
Ask anyone
A second beaver can be
Second to none
Two beavers are better than one!

Da da da da da (You’re my favorite beaver)
Da da da da da (Space Teens are forever)
Da da da da da (Don’t forget to do your homework)
‘Cuz math’s cool!

We’ll share a root beer float
And learn aboot how friendship weighs
A metric ton

Two beavers are better than one
Da da da da da da da da da da da da
Two beavers are better than one
They’re twice the fun
Ask anyone
A second beaver can be
Second to none
Two beavers are better than one!

Two beavers are better than one!
Two beavers are better than one!
Two beavers are better than one! (Beautiful, beautiful beavers!)

14 comments:

AliceKay said...

A-ha! I knew they could swim!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I was glad to see it floating instead of sinking! :)

yellowdoggranny said...

I have a little surprise for you ..sending some pics of cones in a sex act.

Rita said...

I've seen the socky heads partying on weekends up here in Fargo, but I've never seen them swimming. Who knows what they are capable of!

I saw that show with the Beaver Song. It is quite a catchy song, you betcha! ;)

betty said...

oh my gosh, I'm reading your comments and saw what Yellowdog Granny wrote....Oh my gosh, I can't imagine....

thanks for the shout out! So glad you caught one of them swimming; he (or she) seemed to be doing really well too, really bouyant (but not practicing safe swimming with swimming alone instead of with a buddy).

LOL about the Beaver Song, I hadn't heard it in a bit, those lyrics are soooo cute!!

I hope you are hanging in there Iggy!!!

betty

Pamela said...

oh no... will you be posting cone porn or Corn Pone. ha ha.

so where do I go to hear the actual melody to that song. ha ha.

LadyStyx said...

I half expected to see pictures of those cone roommates of yours splashing around in the bathtub...

Parsley said...

I am amazed at how well the cones are adapting to life here on earth. hehe

Deanna said...

Thanks Iggy. Now I have that song stuck in my head!!!!!

I noticed the Beavers aren't wearing life vests. I guess some are naturally exempt.

So if I am drowning, do I grab an OCHA to go down with? I am very confused now. I'll stay tuned for the rest of the story cuz I'm pretty sure you aren't going to be able to resist throwing one in!

Annesphamily said...

Are you sure you are not a member of that new cone cult? Hee Hee!

ChicagoLady said...

Two beavers are better than one? I'm not gonna go there.

Speaking of porn...I got my annual dose of bird porn over the weekend. LOL

Furry Bottoms said...

too funny :)

I saw an orange cone on my way home from work the other day. I thought about taking a picture of it for you, but well, you know... it was impaled. So I thought that was too gory and graphic. You wouldve thanked me.

Yeah, your welcome.

Anonymous said...

Glad they can swim... Still doesn't answer the life vest question though, does it?

Heather said...

I'm just jealous that it's warm enough to go swimming in those parts - or maybe it's because of their built in "wet suits".