Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mystery Mail

Today I got a brown envelope in the mail. It was completely devoid of any return address or even a cancelation. The stamps were defaced with a black marker. Inside this brown envelope was an orange cone. I'd like to warmly thank whoever it was that sent it to me - but I don't know who to thank!

an orange cone that says stop and pray sitting front of the clay cone you made along with the sailboat and a card that rambling Southern woman made for me
So for now, I'll say, "Thank you mystery mailer!" and put the cone on my desk in my home office next to a clay orange cone and caly sailboats that Tori made for me - and the handmade card that Lynn sent me.

I've a bunch of cards I want to share with you - as soon as I can take good pictures of them - I will!

In the meantime - physical therapy on the shoulder continues and progress is very slow - I find it hard to reach into my own pockets - but I can't complain since I am not in any pain.

I think I will line up all the cones - I must have enough of the them to start some sort of Orange Cone museum by now...

:)

14 comments:

Rita said...

Oh darn! I was hoping your arm would be on the mend by now. :(

I wonder where your mystery cone came from? You are sure getting quite a collection of cone stuff. Iggy's Cone Museum....yup! I can see it.

Take care and do your physical therapy stuff so you can mend that poor arm. Miss you when I don't see you that much online. :):)

betty said...

it wasn't me that sent it; but it was a cute gesture for you Iggy, although wonder who did it so anonymously??

a cone museum would be so cute! I told you this before, but I'll tell it again, I can't walk by a cone without attaching a story to it, if one is behind a tree, it is playing hide and seek, if one is out with none around, its lost, etc. (I need a life, LOL :)

good that you aren't in pain, but I'm sure you want more progress with your shoulder. Like I also said before, just keep doing what the doctors/therapists say

in the meantime, I hope you have an okay weekend!

betty

yellowdoggranny said...

you have a guardian angel

Parsley said...

:-D

f8hasit said...

An orange cone museum.

Now that's an idea! I was half expecting you to fill me in on the history of orange cones. C'mon, I know you Googled it.
:-)

I'm glad to hear that you aren't in pain! Pockets are overrated...don't worry about them.

Matty said...

I don't know your real address, so that exonerates me. LOL Although I have thought of you whenever I see traffic cones around.

Stay diligent with the therapy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how exciting... Mystery cones arriving by mail, and possible plans for starting a cone museum! Well, if nothing else, at least you can say that your life isn't boring, and is filled with surprises! ;)


Anyway, hope the PT is helpfful, and that the shoulder continues to not be painful, while at the same time remembering how to work right for you!

AliceKay said...

I'm glad to hear you're not in pain. I've been wondering how you've been doing with the PT.

An Orange Cone Museum is a good idea. I'd come check it out. :)

Hope you're having a good Friday and not being washed away. We lucked out...the creek behaved and didn't flood much around us.

Deanna said...

Twasn't me - although I wish I had thought of it :) It appears none of us will ever look at orange cones the same way again.

It has to be a hassle not being able to do things like reach into your own pocket. I'm glad, though, that you are no longer in pain. Keep up the PT!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wasn't me either..perhaps you have a secret admirer..:)
Keep doing the PT..never give up!
A cone museum I can see it now:)

Pamela said...

Still no mobility in the shoulder?
Not the kind of vacation you had in mind, is it.

LadyStyx said...

That particular brown envelope wasn't from me either. I'm pretty sure you have enough OCHAs to warrant a nice display case for them, at least.

Anonymous said...

well what a wonderful gift to receive Iggy and I sure am glad that you are not in any pain and hopes it heels quickly for you HUGS

Yankee Girl said...

What a nice surprise!

I hope you are feeling better soon! Physical therapy can be a pain in the butt but it is so worth it!