Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nyquil Knee Moan Jah...

After being sick for 11-12 days, I'm sick of being sick! I woke up this morning feeling a wee bit better than I have in a while - and was greeted with 5 or 6 inches of snow to shovel. Oh well... I'm going to shovel... some... in a bit... (hopefully).

I'm sorry I missed saying Happy Birthday to Jeannie and to Dorkys Ramos - a belated "happy! happy!" to you both.

I got a nice card in the mail today - definitely worth climbing over snow drifts in to get to the mail box. Thank you!

some cough drops, a get well card and a spongebob DVD
While I was under the weather, there were periods of semi-lucidness, where I could do simple things if I tried and focused. That meant staying away from the yummy goodness of the Nyquil bottle.

And when the runny nose and the cold-then-hot flush of fever got tied in with the hacking, raspy cough, I knew it was time to take a sip of the "good stuff" and ease down into the land of the surreal dreams. Pablo Picasso painted Orange cones... Salvidor Dali melted watches hanging on bare tree branches.... seeing talking heads on the television but not comprehending the sounds, endless daytime television repeated over and over... I nodded off once, watching a snow pattern because I had fat fingered the remote and selected a channel that was off the air and dreamt how marvelous that last show had been with the remarkable "hissing noise" sound effects.... and I was rudely awakened when the channel came back to life with the theme from the Three Stooges filling the room... You know the one - the 3 blind mice song... the words go... Larry, Curly, MOE! Larry, Curly, MOE! Nyuck nyuck, nyuck... I saw them hit each other with pies and just rolled over... when I came too once more... hours later, I saw Jack Tripper saying something to Chrissie and Janet about a Roper... groaning... I shut the box off.

I remember vaguely having gone to see Longwood Gardens in a huge crowd one of those days early on... and going to the post office...

I hope to catch up with a lot of reading soon...

25 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Feel better, Iggy! Its no fun being sick!

AliceKay said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. (hey, i kinda like that card) :)

*hugs from a distance cuz i don't wanna get sick*

Parsley said...

I'm so very sorry. I was thinking something was wrong because I hadn't seen you anywhere in blogland. Will pray and send lots of virtual hugs, chicken soup and 'sister-like' TAKE CARE OF YOURSELFs.

Seriously...I've known people that went into pneunomia with this bug going around. Do take care.

Rita said...

OMG! That stuff sounds horrible!! Yes--be careful of it turning into pneumonia or bronchitis. Prayers! Hugs! Get better soon-soon! Spoil yourself rotten. You have been dearly missed.

betty said...

even when under the weather, Iggy, you still have a great sense of humor! sorry it has been a rough time of it with sickness; not a great way to welcome in the new year! One can only hope you feel all back to your usual self so very soon and that the snow mysteriously blows all away without the need to shovel. Do take care of yourself!

betty

Anonymous said...

My goodness Iggy bless your heart for being sick but I couldn't help but laugh at your post, I sure hope you feel better real real soon, HUGS

jewelrybyrebecca said...

I feel your pain. I've been sick here too. (imagine how you feel then tend to a sick kid and have all three home from school for a snow day). I'm off to take my does of night-quil. I hope you're back to yourself soon. Cheers

Deanna said...

I have been worried about you! I'm so sad you have been sick. Nyquil induced dreams are never good, are they. I hope you ignored the snowy drive way. Take care of you and.... keep on keeping on! Will send an email soon.

Dorkys Ramos said...

Thanks for the birthday shout-out! I do hope you're feeling 100% soon. I'm sure getting out to deal with snow didn't help any though. Rest up, buddy :)

Joy De Vivre Design said...

I hope you feel better soon! I have missed your witty comments! :)

sugarlens said...

Ah, I thought you left for another vacation! Feel better soon friend!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Why didn't you TELL ME that you were sick??? Now I feel even more guilty!! So sorry you have a nasty bug, and I hope you feel better really soon!!

42N said...

Curly: Moe, Larry, the cheese. Moe, Larry, the cheese.

I know its random but seen in context you'll enjoy Curly as the comic genius that he was.

yellowdoggranny said...

i thought you were off on an adventure..so sorry your sick..please feel better soon.

Lickety Splitter said...

My five day sprint with sucky congestion hasn't got a thing on your marathon illness. But, I still hated every minute of it. Thank God for Hall's cough drops. I thought I was going to have to purge a lung while you were up there trying to beat your fever!

Sounds like your meds were doing double duty for you by providing "entertainment" no less. Wacky dreams are sometimes the best.

I'm glad you and I are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I know the feeling! I'm only just starting to get to a point where I'm starting to feel normal again now, and it's been almost 3 weeks!


I hope you feel better soon, and that the moments where the world make sense are happening more frequently now, and lasting longer!


Hugs, hugs and more hugs!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you are feeling better today..perhaps you should drag yourself to the Doctor! :)

junyah said...

IgGy iGgY iGGy,how many times do i have to say it? ALKA SESLA COLD PLUS THE FIRST SIGN OF A COLD.I swear by this stuff, it works for me.I havent had a cold since i cant remeber when last. Hey I hope ya feel better soon.I was hopeing you got my e-mail about my friend and his boat building business.Winter in Maine. Gotta lov it. Y.O.P. JunYAh..

Linda :) said...

Glad you're feeling a wee bit better and able to get your feel better mail... :)

Martha said...

Wish I would have known you were sick, I would have brought you some chicken soup or more Nyquil. I get a discount you know! LOL!

jmt said...

That's a very long time to be sick. :( I do hope you're nearly completely healed. The froggy looks icky, poor thing.

Pamela said...

sounds like what we had at our house around Thanksgiving.

Then we had another bout around Christmas which wasn't nearly so devastating. Just a lot of coughing.

Now this week we have the stomach bug.

Having grandkids 24/7 is really exercising our immune systems.

LadyStyx said...

FSoF is right. You need to be under a dr's care. Might also wanna see if you can take Mucinex, it'll help break up all the crap in the chest and sinuses. Works for hubby. Jr's right about the Alka Seltzer too. Works for my hubby ;)

MarmiteToasty said...

:( sorry you have been poorly.... and Im so sorry I have not been around for you or anyone else.....

love you

x

Annesphamily said...

All your sisters here in blog world miss you and you need to get well! It is the pits being sick. I hate ot and I am oooking forward to Spring and Summer. Wish we could all send you some chicken soup and we do wish you well.Take care and stay safe and warm! Don't overdo it! Anne