Saturday, January 29, 2011

Morning's Greetings...

There is nothing quite like getting off of a nice warm comfortable sofa after poor night's sleep and getting this sort of greeting in the morning. I had spent the day before shoveling out the "first half" of the 17 inches of snow that we were "blessed with."

my car covered with about 10 inches of snow
I have a bunch of boxes ready. I can pack up a whole bunch of snow and ship it to anyone that wants any.

Anymore snow and I'm might just leave the house and snow behind and drive to the Florida Keys and never come back.

22 comments:

AliceKay said...

That's a lot of snow. I'd be wanting to go to the Florida Keys myself if I had that to contend with all the time. You guys are getting hit with the snow again this year. We're too far north and west to get much more than nuisance snow, but that comes almost every day. It gets old after awhile.

Hang in there, kiddo. *hugs*

betty said...

17 inches!! We never got that much at one time the eight years I lived in Montana!! That is A LOT of snow!!! Okay, I'm game. Send Koda and me a few boxes of it; we'll be glad to take some off your hands.

I won't say that we are about 15 degrees warmer than average and it was close to 75 degrees today; bright and sunny. Nope, I won't say that at all.

stay safe and warm and dry and I hope you get a better night sleep tonight!

betty

Lickety Splitter said...

Ahhh ...I will be thinking of you, while I bask in our recent 72 degree warm snap and blue skies, nothing but blue skies! These last few days have felt like a reprieve from an unnatural southern winter! Sunshine in spades!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Seventeen inches..I wonder how long that will take to melt..Lucky you! :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh you poor thing!! Wouldn't it be awesome if it ONLY snowed in the trees and grass, and NOT on the roads or cars (or sidewalks!)???? That is a lot of back breaking work and you guys have really been slammed this year. Spring is coming....promise!!!

Anonymous said...

Please do not send me any, we are expecting ours on Tuesday. I say go for the keys!

Rita said...

We average a little under 48 inches of snow in a whole winter up here and have already had almost 58. But 17 inches all at once is quite the dump of snow! I can see why you might be thinking Florida Keys!

Sorry to hear you are sleeping poorly. To blurry, sleepy eyes and freezing fingers, cheeks, and toes a nice warm beach sounds pretty dang good.

BTW--perfect Mutts cartoon!!! ;)

MarmiteToasty said...

Bloody hell.... we had snow the week before crimbo but not now, its been bitter cold though, but today the sun has shone with beautiful clear skies... still cold.... have a roaring log fire blazing in me fireplace.....

Im slowly getting back to me..... so, sorry, you will find me around again now :)

x

Furry Bottoms said...

Wow... thats a lot of snow! Pretty but I wouldn't want to drive in it.

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart Iggy, just fill those boxes and send them on my way my friend hehehe. You could probably get a carpool going for folks wanting to the keys about now to escape all that snow :o) I hope it melts fast for you HUGS

yellowdoggranny said...

we were at 70+ for 3 days..tomorrow it's going to be 18..texas..gotta love it..but at least no snow.
hope you get some better sleep.
oh my decisions decisions..
pro bowl and sag awards on at the same time..sigh*

Deanna said...

Is that a car under that white blanket?

They are calling for 16 to 18 inches here. That is very unusual for Missouri. I am NOT looking forward to it! Don't overdo the digging out. It's not worth the pain.

Glad to see a post from you. Huge hugs!

Oh, and watch for the UPS guy today - if he can get through that is...

Queenie Jeannie said...

Cringed when I saw the upcoming weather report. Hang in there dear!!!

Anne Johnson said...

What does a 17-inch cake need? Two inches of ICING. Txt me, we'll crawl out to lunch on Tuesday.

sugarlens said...

We didn't get nearly as much as you, but it was a hassle nevertheless! Hope you dug out alright.

Anonymous said...

Well, on the one hand, I'd love that snow. On the other hand... The workmen are FINALLY doing some work, so I'd rather we didn't have snow as an excuse for them to use to stop working.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and you can move to Florida if you want... Just make sure you have internet access so you can still keep in touch! :)

CTG Ponies said...

I am so ready for the snow and ice to disappear!!

junyah said...

wasteing away again in margaritaville.......lol

Annesphamily said...

What an interesting tale you tell. I remeber sitting on a train, at night, looking over the city of Pittsburgh when I was a kid of 12 years old. It is a beautiful picture captured perfectly in my memory. Thanks for sharing and you knwo I am going to tease you terribly about those Steelers! My neighbor up the street has a big Steeler flag hanging in their front window. I thought of throwing eggs at it but I can't afford to get busted by the cops! Too much ice and snow on the ground! Anne

Pamela said...

reminds me of winter two years ago -- we had 34 inches ..
It was something else.

Glad it missed us ... sorry it landed on you.

Yankee Girl said...

I feel for you.

Last week I was lucky to 23 inches. And then there were the 5 feet of drifts in my driveway. Six hours later we were almost halfway done shoveling. We shoveled just enought to get the car out of the driveway.