To my surprise, I met someone inside that I knew who was waiting at the line at the cash register. The Scuba Dude (Alice Kay's husband) and I think he was as surprised to see me as I was to see him.
I followed him out of the store - talking and when I finally got into my car and started to pull away, I noticed my car odometer was readding 100,000 miles. I pulled out my camera in a hurry but, drats, missed the magic number by a couple seconds.

Something tells me I need to dust and vacuum some (I'd say "more", except I never do it, so I can't say I need to do it more!)
I followed the Scuba Dude back to his house and had a nice visit with Alice Kay, the Dude himself, their daughter Karen and the little man, Ryan!
Goodness. I've not had the pleasure of playing with a happy, smiling, giggling little guy in a long time. Talk about a real "pick me up". Ryan is 20-months old now - so he and I are at the same "play level". :)
We played a nice game of Oops*! and one or two rounds of Whoa*! I think he and I hit it off, when it came to go bye-byes, he wanted to come for a ride with me!

*Oops! and Whoa! are made up games where I placed a plastic red engine from the world of Thomas the Train on his head - balancing them there... carefully, so that Ryan could lean slowly forward until the engine fell off - when it did, we both shouted "Oops!!" and then he'd crack up smiling and laughing - which was kind of infectious. :) Whoa! was played the same way, except with a different toy.

22 comments:
How special is that! You were obviously meant to meet up with ScubaDude and get the chance to spend some time with them. I wish I could!
Did you ever find a bathroom?
That is awesome!! :) Sounds like you would make a wonderful father someday!
Small world, isn't it. You just never know who is where and when.
I'm still more than 20,000 miles away from 6 digits on my odometer. But hey, at least the car is paid for.
And no matter how old you get, you're never too old to play. Take it from a pop-pop. I know.
Great way to spend your time... Question is though, did you or Ryan enjoy the game more? ;)
The laughter of a young child is very infectious... How could you not laugh right along with him? (Besides, it's a great excuse to use to disguise the fact that you were enjoying the game as much as he was). ;)
Wow ... that's too cool ... running into friends so far from home! Their toddler sounds like like the cherry on the top of a happy sundae! I love playing with the little ones. They are so fun, and never cease to amuse ;)
That's AWESOME! Nothing like dudes laughing together! Kids bring such joy, don't they.
How awesome was that! And you even got to meet the famous and charming Ryan! Well, I'll be darned! That visit was meant to be. I'll bet AliceKay was surprised and tickled to see you!! :):):)
Congrats on 100K!!!!! I'm glad you met up with your friends. I hope they let you use their rest room!
Well...the visit from Iggy was expected but the chance meeting of Terri with Iggy at the Dandy was pure coincidence. LOL And yes, Terri showed him to the bathroom once he got to our place.
This post made my heart sing, Iggy, on a day when I needed a little sunshine along the way. I'm still smiling from the visit with you. You and Ryan hit it off so well. I'm glad you were able to finally meet my daughter and my grandson. I can post the YouTube link to that short video of you and Ryan here in your comments section if and when you say it's okay with you so your friends can see it. I've watched it a few times and smile each time. :)
I've had the pleasure of meeting my good friend Iggy three times now, and each time is a special treat.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by to see us, and thank you for this really cute post. *big hugs to you*
The ScubaDude says hello. :)
that is cool, Iggy!! Seems like it was just a great thing how it all came together to spend some time with special friends!!! loved the games you invented too!
and congrats on 100,000 (plus) miles on the car!!
betty
What a fun day. Those games sound fun, I might have to try them here.
Made-up games on the best. Love your imagination.
whoa was played with his little toy tonka truck Chuck! :)
:) *hugs*
Isn't it crazy when you meet up with people so far from home! It sounds like you certainly made Ryan's day!
How awesome is that?? Sounds like a perfectly delightful afternoon!! I'm so glad you were able to have a nice visit!
Im so glad you had such a great time with Ryan and his family lol Just reading this makes me smile so big for you Iggy because I can just feel the excitement and happiness that you feel, HUGS
very interesting blog, definitely has the "intense" element lol
It was meant to be....... this post so made me smile today..
x
kismet...
Yes you should dust..LOL. (I should dust more!)
Sounds like a fun time with friends..I like entertaining little kids too..so much fun! Oops and Whoa..my kinds of games:)
Screw dusting. There are more important things to do, like play with a 20 month old.
Sounds like it was a magical trip!
Post a Comment