Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What Do You Say?

What do you say, when you post about a Goose styled from an orange cone and one of your friends takes the time to track down Michael Savona, the artist that created them, to find out if they are available?

It happened.

And what do you say, when one of your friends, crochets a couple really cute orange cones and you post a blog about them calling them the Conas Brothers...and that friend decides that since there are three guys in the band, she needs to make another one?

And while's she at it, she takes pictures, showing how they are made, step by step?

And what do you say when she makes a handmade orange cone card to send with the third cone - a card with three cones on it?

And what can you say, when Nick and Joe Conas meet their "lost" brother, Kevin, live and on stage?

The three orange cones Lynn knitted for me on stage (a white box) kevin is wearing dark glasses since he has no eyes (I hope this doesn't offend you)
Kevin, the once "missing" Conas Brother, is ready to crank it up on guitar!

another shot of the three cones
I just wish I knew what to say. I want to say something like, "friendship is the best gift a person can have" and I treasure yours but I can't find the right words and the words I have aren't coming out right.

Thank you Lynn. I'm a lucky guy. :)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

When friends do wonderful things like that, there's not much you can say. But I will say this... She's only doing for you what you do for all of us... Being a great friend! :)

Dorkys Ramos said...

Oh those little cones are so cute. Ha, the one in the last picture on the far right reminds me of candy corn. I don't like candy corn though.

Wonderful gifts indeed :)

jewelrybyrebecca said...

First, Congrats on the new little arrival. Awwwe.
And B... Friends rock!!!!!!!

Furry Bottoms said...

Wow!! Lynn is very thoughtful, isn't she? I agree that friends totally rock!

Parsley said...

How sweet! Bloggers are just the best!

Did you ever mean to start collecting orange cones? I guess I need to be careful what I post about, eh?

Queenie Jeannie said...

You are so worth the effort!! HUGS!!! Way to go Lynn - love the third brother and the card! Looks like I have some card makin' competition, lol!!!

Deanna said...

What I say is I'm not surprised at all. Linn is just that way - and I love her creations. And Jeannie is so darn thoughtful and sweet and talented. And you are someone that just the kind of guy that draws kindness out of people because that is the kind of person you are! Love it!!!!!!!

sugarlens said...

It's so nice to have good, thoughtful friends!

buffalodick said...

A cone warmer!

MarmiteToasty said...

someone should knit you a willy warmer or thong 'cone shaped' LOL.....

coming back from the hospital today as I passed over the bridge from Portsea Island, the tide was out and as I looked to the left there stuck in the mud was a cone, up to his waist in mud...... oh if only there was traffice behind me I could of lept out me car and rescued it, or at least taken a photo of his demise :)

friends, true, proper, caring friends are the 'dogs bollocks'

x

Lickety Splitter said...

You sing ... ~Keep it coming love, don't stop it now, don't stop it no."~

Or you say what you sweetly said ;)

AliceKay said...

Aww...such a sweet post. Lynn is a really great friend to you.

The Conas Brothers will rock now. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww Iggy now I am gonna cry for sure. I see you decided to cut out the sunglasses and they fit in just right, I love them all your whole collection!! Our friendship is gonna last the rest of our lives and then some Iggy, I'm the lucky one here for getting to be your friend :o) HUGS you tight!!!

Pamela said...

I'm full of mirth!
bwaaaaa ha ha ha ha. wondeful life you live -- everyone wants to be in on the coning.

Rita said...

That is just the nicest thing to do for one of the nicest people! It obviously touched your heart. I thank you, Lynn, too--for being such a wonderful friend to Iggy! ;)

aladdinsane12 said...

what a gal :) you definitely are lucky. i love the sunglasses, by the way! so cute.

yellowdoggranny said...

you have wonderful friends...because you are a wonderful friend ...

betty said...

I say are blessed enjoy to have dear friends because you are a dear friend!! so....are you going to get a goose cone? I actually started trying to track him down, but then got side tracked; glad someone stuck with it!

too cute that the band is complete too!! always good to have even numbers among musicians :)

betty

Karla said...

How nice..Even Gene Simmons would be proud to be displayed on a cone LOL...Hope your doing well my friend..

LadyStyx said...

Geeez. Thanks to the other LS, I've got KC and the Sunshine Band running thru my head. Took 3 days to get rid of it the last time it showed up up there!


Seriously cute 3rd cone though. Which reminds me, it's time to unload my camera again...