Thursday, June 3, 2010

Global Organization for Research of Alien Narcoleptic Gazing Entities News!

This news bulletin just in from the Global Organization for Research of Alien Narcoleptic Gazing Entities, better know by its acronym, Glo-Orange.

An intrepid photographer in Fargo, North Dakota has just discovered a wholly new alien species! The really tall skinny knobhead cones have never before been seen on this planet!

In honor of their discoverer, Rita of SoulComfort, the Glo-Orange has decided to name them SoulCOmfort KnobbY Heads, or SCOKY Heads for short.


A Glo-Orange investigative team is now on the way to the scene of all the excitement in Fargo, North Dakota in order to collect more information about these exciting new alien life forms.

I suspect they will use some common Orange Coneheads to cordon off the crowds for the new alien's safety.

-----------------------------------

A brave photojournalist from the Show Me State of Missouri has also discovered a new species of orange aliens! Deanna who uses the "nom de personne d'appareil-photo" of Punkn for her professional body of work has captured these intriguing "fellows" looking into a big hole at a gas station on digital film.

an tall orange cone built like a wedding cake with a ring on its head
The modest photographer asked, "Are you sure you want me naming anything orange?" and when assured that was the case by a representative of the Glo-Orange, went on to name the new species, BOCHAs.

Quickly explaining, she says, "You see, the dudes are a long, gangly, redneck variety from the sticks of Missouri, all named Bubba. Thus they are Bubba Orange Cone Head Aliens."

A second Glo-Orange investigative team is now on the way to the scene of all the excitement in Big Hole in Ground, Missouri in order to collect more information about these exciting new alien life forms.

I understand they want to find out if all the Bubba's have second names like Bob, Jim, and Mac. Imagine meeting Bubba Bob DeAlphacentauri.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew! I have lived such a sheltered life only knowing the upside down ice cream cone species.

Rita said...

Haha! Both of these kinds I had never seen before. Little did we know that new species were arriving every day, eh? I wonder how the collapsable tall cones stay up? What keeps them from falling back down?

Also makes me wonder..."and what do you do for a living?" "Oh, I'm and orange cone inventor." Well, these inventors of new cone species are keeping our lives interesting! I love the skinny, knob-headed ones I found living up here in Fargo--ROFL!! They are cute. ;)

jewelrybyrebecca said...

It's amazing to me how many of these creatures can be all around us. I don't think I noticed them before reading this blog but I feel somewhat safer not that I am more aware. I'll keep an eye out for new creatures in this neck of the woods.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Not only were these new species discovered in my lifetime, but I know both the photo journalists who discovered them.

I feel so honoured!

Lickety Splitter said...

Hmmm do you think that's the result of creation or evolution?

You know, Bubbas around here aren't usually that gangly. Guess we need to stop eating all that fried food.

buffalodick said...

In Michigan, you'll see a mile of orange cones and no road workers...

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny I sure needed a laugh and you delivered Iggy as always those are cool looking cones and I have never seen them before, I really need to start carrying my camera around because it just seems like now I see cones everywhere!! HUGS

Deanna said...

You sure can spin a tale. LMAO you made my day~!

Huge hugs!

betty said...

try saying that 10 times really fast "Bubba Bob DeAlphacentauri:. you are too funny and very creative! thanks for the Thursday laugh; I need to take my camera more with me when I'm out and about because I do see these cones in the most unique places and instantly a story comes into my head about them......

enjoy the day :)

betty

Parsley said...

They are mutating! Run for you life!

Furry Bottoms said...

Aiiieeeeee!!!!!

Yankee Girl said...

Oh no. We are totally being invaded. Good thing I have a fall-out shelter in my basement.

Heather said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. You are an excellent narrator! Very fun story. I now have a completely new respect and perception of those dubious orange aliens. Honestly I will definitely think of you in my journeys tomorrow through construction and will have a new recognition of the little "visitors".
Thanks!
Heather

yellowdoggranny said...

did they want to see our leader?
i mailed the camera out today..should take 3 days?

AliceKay said...

You're too much. LOL

LadyStyx said...

*laffin* Was gonna say.... tis about time for some alien stories..

Pamela said...

oh you know the rest of us are carrying our cameras and you are gonna get coned into a corner! ha!