Friday, June 25, 2010

25 things you didn't know...

Nancy over at f8hasit tagged me in a 25 things you really never wanted to know about me-MeMe. I really admire Nancy, she is very smart and writes like I only aspire to on my best days. So I'd decided to give this me-me a shot.

I think you already know about my only having one pair of underwear and of the agony I go through when I have to put the SpongeBob SquarePants underwear (briefs) in the washer, so digging up 25 other things really made me have to think...

1. If you lined up all the men I admire alphabetically, Rodney Dangerfield would be right front of John Denver.
2. I once memorized the words to "Go Tell Aunt Rhody" at a recital just so I could blog about it.
3. I think spitting is grosser than discrete nose picking.
4. I learned the hard way why you don't wear size 32 man's underwear briefs when you have a size 36 waist.
5. Some days, I just want to look at a sexy woman for hours and hours and hours on end.
6. I think Oak trees over the age of 120 years old should be given the right to vote.
7. I used to dream of taking the perfect photograph of a wild squirrel. Thanks to modern medicine, I've been (mostly) cured of this.
8. I wished I had or knew an Aunt Rhody. And for more than ten minutes, even.
9. If I could teach the world to sing, it wouldn't be about Coca-cola.
10. I used to like Orange and Vanilla Creamsicles, but now I just see them as frozen Orange Coneheads.
11. I enjoy flying in little airplanes, and flying really low so I can see "what's down there", and really enjoy seaplane rides most of all.
12. I've visited over 3 dozen different denominations of Churches, to find the right one, and ended up just enjoying the stained glass windows.
13. I greatly covet a SLR digital camera with a real zoom lens, but don't think my photography hobby justifies the expense.
14. I think dogs are way cooler than cats, but I know some nifty cats too.
15. Every time I put fuel in my car I can hear my college roommate bemoaning that the two biggest wastes of time are pumping gas and going to the bathroom.
16. I will read virtually anything and read virtually anywhere.
17. I never own more than two pairs of shoes at any given time, but have worn out ten pairs in the past two years walking. I'm on a first-name basis with the cute shoe sales lady.
18. My dental hygienist is cute too. Every time I visit, I eat a whole package of Oreo cookies while waiting in the lobby. Sometimes she has to cancel the rest of the afternoon's appointments. I blame being overweight on her cuteness.
19. I've actually been thinking about getting a computer with Linux instead of Microsoft Windows on it for the first time in my life.
20. I continue to "train" for getting married. I find sleeping on the sofa is more restful than sleeping on a bed.
21. I will eat almost anything once. Dried octopus chips/crisps (they looked like potato chips) to mountain oysters, but I can't get past "eating bugs" like they did on Fear Factor. And oh yes indeedy, I still dislike Brussel Sprouts.
22. I like how young kids look after they have had a nice tall glass of any flavor of Kool Aid.

the yellow m and m guy waving at you
23. I secretly wish I was the M & M Yellow guy but I'm probably more like the red one.
24. My favorite soup is New England-style Clam Chowder.
25. Given the choice between riding a Camel and an Elephant, I go with Elephant everytime.

Now I must tag 10 people to beg, plead, and nag to do this!

These lucky people are:

1. My cute dental hygienist.
2. My cute shoe sales lady.
3. The cheery lady at the cash register at the 7-11 across the street.
4. ToriZ of Tori's World in hopes of finding out how she determines horse's sex.
5. Rita of SoulComfort but if Karma wants to stand in for her, that's okay!
6. JennyMac at Let's have a cocktail. I don't usually get intimidated but this woman is so well put together she leaves me tongue-tied and stammering.
7. Yankee Girl over at Adventures of a Yankee Girl because she's so cool I'm sure I'll learn something surprising.
8. You!
9. And You!
10. And You Too!

24 comments:

Rita said...

Tagged! I will have to give this some thought--hehe! :)
Yours were very enlightening. Well, one pair of Sponge Bob underpants was a little distressing--hehe! :):)

AliceKay said...

You're a nut. LOL

Have a great weekend. *hugs*

jmt said...

I'm not sure how you came up with 25 things, let alone 25 interesting and funny bullet points. I loved this list. But I'm curious....why the elephant over the camel?

Matty said...

Some interesting things there Iggy. My favorite candy is M&M peanuts, and the color doesn' even matter.

Martha said...

Great list! I love seaplane rides too... that was one of my favorite parts of our St Croix vacations!

Have a great weekend. I have a lottery ticket to turn in ($5 winner... woo hoo), maybe I will visit the cheery 7-11 lady!

buffalodick said...

Interesting stuff..flying in small planes is fun!

Furry Bottoms said...

Eating a box of oreos before seeing the dental hygenie?! You're crazy!!! HAHAHA

betty said...

enjoyed reading these, Iggy; #10 had me laughing out loud! and darn, I like those things now I won't be able to eat them either (my diet will thank you I'm sure down the line)

hope one day, if you are still looking, you find a church that not only has great looking stained glass windows, but also something else that catches your interest (gosh, I just realized we don't have stained glass windows)

might do this one......

betty

Yankee Girl said...

I was just thinking that I wanted to post a new blog but didn't know what to write about! But do you actually think there are still 25 things that people DON'T know about me?

Two pairs of shoes? That made me want to cry.

yellowdoggranny said...

25 more reasons why i love u

Anne Johnson said...

Anyone who loves to read anywhere and anytime learns to write beautifully.

I wish my dental hygienist was cute, but around here the premiere hottie is the dude who drives the ice cream truck. Damn, a day off and I'm sitting on the porch waiting to buy a milk shake I don't even want!

jewelrybyrebecca said...

Funny... very cute!
I like #18 and #23 the best. We have a 3 foot yellow guy at our Walgreens. Little man likes to hug him and then run.

Lickety Splitter said...

Hilarious ... ha ha ha ... I'm still laughing.

Ummm ... I spit when necessary. It's better than choking.

sugarlens said...

So nice to learn more about you!

I like #14. Agree with you on #21, but wouldn't touch #24 with a 10-foot pole.

Anonymous said...

Oh Iggy I just loved reading this!! HUGSSS

Anonymous said...

I'll either do this on Monday, or write it up Monday to set up to publish on Tuesday when I'm not home most of the day.

Interesting answers. I rode both an elephant and a camel. The elephant I was six, and want to do it again. The camel I was 10. I agree, elephant rides are much better!

f8hasit said...

Wow...I don't know what to say after that lead in! TOO Much pressure! Thanks though...I think I may be blushing.
:-)

LOVE the list! Although I do agree, the mental image of too small sponge bob briefs on someone over 8 years of age? Slightly disturbing but kitsky. NOW I've got the image of you in the briefs on an elephant. Fab.

that's J-O-S-H said...

You didn't tag me!!!!!!! TEARZ FOR YEARZ! You commented on mah blog once, so I assume that means we're bloggy best friendz now!

Joy De Vivre Design said...

Great list! I love learning more about my bloggy friends! Your comment about sleeping on the couch is too funny. I loved #10 as a kid too. The yellow M&M was my favorite as well. I made a costume of it once when I worked at a candy store. I was the yellow and my bf was the red. :)

Have a great day!

aladdinsane12 said...

Rodney Dangerfield is definitely an awesome dude. And i TOTALLY remember that song "Go Tell Aunt Rhody!" I used to play it on the recorder when I was 7! Dried octopus chips? Hmmm. I've had chocolate-covered ants and baked crickets before!

peekabooxrawr said...

bhaha, i love the thing about the cute dental hygenist & the oreos XD

Pamela said...

you have me smiling and wondering what the hygeniest finds between my teeth. Maybe brussel sprouts (my dad called them Poor Man's cabbage)

Deanna said...

*waves at Iggy* I loved number 6! A voting tree. That's the ticket!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Very, very funny! Loved it!

You didn't tag me but I'm going to do it anyway! So nanner, nanners!!!