Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Monday Morning Perk Me Ups

I'd be the first to admit that I hate Monday mornings. The relaxing tempo of the weekend screeches to a halt when I get to my office desk and see the pile of accumulated boring run-of-the-mill paperwork in my in-box.

It takes a little extra effort to get myself rolling on Mondays and one thing that always brightens my day are a few bloggers that make a special effort to combat the "Monday Blahs".

Joy De Vivre has her kind and gentle "Happy Mondays".

Jeannie's Happy World has her "Monday's Monet Moments", showcasing Monet's most soothing impressionist works.

After an hour or two, I grudgingly come to accept that it's Monday and crank up things up and always get a belly laugh at Yellow Dog Granny's "Monday Stumbles", an eclectic mix of political satire, cats and dogs saying zany things from zany poses, occasionally ribald and always some rather R-rated and very off-color items I find hilarious (but wouldn't want my Mom to know I read).

I take it down a notch and visit Circling the Square Table's often off-beat first day of the week observations called, "Monday's Mumbles".

This past Monday, in addition to the having just had a nice Easter holiday, and being thankful for the moderate spring weather, I had some surprises greet me.

sponge bob square pants with protective eye glasses and jelly fishing net and a huge smile on his face
My brother was in the office briefly during the weekend, and he must of brought his daughter along. I found a smiling SpongeBob SquarePants with protective eye-wear and jellyfish hunting net - standing proudly on the fireplace mantle were my black lump of Lehigh Valley coal normally sits (collecting more dust than interest, admittedly.)

This cute little fellow came in a Christmas box of goodies from Alice Kay.

orange cone drinking cup complete with straw and Winnie The Pooh stickers
Alice Kay's grandson Ryan (with help from his very nice Mom) recently sent me this Orange ConeHeaad Alien (OCHA) drinking cup complete with straw and Winnie The Pooh stickers.

Recently, Dorkys Ramos commented saying I was a "kid at heart"... :) Little did she know just how true that might be!

a big plastic spongebob posed to appear to be drinking from the orange cone cup
I immediately had to see if my bigger SpongeBob Squarepants, a Christmas gift from LadyStyx was the right size for the drinking cup. I placed an Easter Card next to him.

a card from jeannie
Here is a closer look at that wonderful Easter Card from Queenie Jeannie! The rabbit sure looks like chocolate (but it isn't, I umm.. errr. SpongeBob says so!)

a card from alice kay
And then on Monday afternoon, the mail slot popped open and in came this beautifully crafted card sent by Alice Kay. The picture doesn't do it justice, the colors are so bright and cheery.

Thank you Alice Kay!

a card from deanna with sponge bob on it
And in the same stack of "good mail" was this hilarious card. Inside it reads, "Hap-bl-bl-bl-py Blr-blr-blr-birthday!" (and the note inside says, in part, "I know its not your birthday but I couldn't resist!") ... the card made an ordinary Monday morning seem like my birthday!

Thank you Punkn!

me wearing the spongebob t-shirt Tori sent me
Next Monday I just have to wear the SpongeBob T-shirt I got from Tori to work and drop on the deck and flop like a fish!

22 comments:

AliceKay said...

See? Some Mondays aren't so bad. :)

And you're welcome. *hugs*

Deanna said...

LOL you gotta love Mondays after that!

I've become rather fond of Sponge Bob, thanks to you.

Huge hugs!

Yankee Girl said...

SpongeBob hasn't been around in a while!

I can't get through a Monday with visiting Yellowdog Granny.

Lickety Splitter said...

I love Spongebob! Happy Wednesday to you!

betty said...

all cute things for a Monday; I'll have to check out the blogs you featured with their Monday entries and I love all the SpongeBob items; too funny! (haven't watched that show in years, but boy was it fun to watch with the kid)

hoping all your Mondays are this good :)

betty

jewelrybyrebecca said...

Whew, for a second there I thought TODAY was Monday. Boy would be off. Ok, so I'm still a little off but at least I know that it's really Thursday. ;-)
Happy hump day.

yellowdoggranny said...

how could you not like monday's after this?...see how much we love you.

MarmiteToasty said...

England had a bank holiday monday so it make it a 4 day weekend :) what with good friday and all..... dont you doodles get the friday and monday off over the easter weekend :)

love love love all your gifts...... dam man, you are so loved...

x

Dorkys Ramos said...

Aww what fun goodies you got!! I wouldn't mind it being Monday if they were as cheerful as the one you've shown here. Plus, doesn't this weather make everything 10 times better? Hope your week has been going wonderfully!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how small gestures from friends can do so much to brighten up your day. :)

By the way, thanks to you I now regularly watch Spongebob, much to the annoyance of everyone else in the house (but I pay the Sky bill, so that's just tough on them!) And, guess what? Spongebob is one of the cartoons that actually comes with working audio description.

Melissa said...

Spongebob take away the monday blues. His bright face and blue eyes just put a pep in your step...am I right or am I right.

=)

AiringMyLaundry said...

My kids (and husband) just love that yellow sponge.

sugarlens said...

If you ask me, your Monday wasn't too shabby!

aladdinsane12 said...

wow- that's a lot of fun stuff to get! so i still don't know the history behind the love of traffic cones. details, please??

Rita said...

Now THAT'S a Monday!! :):):)

Pamela said...

in my best Patrick voice: "More jumping, SpongeBob. More jumping!"

CTG Ponies said...

Sponge Bob is often quoted in our house. Always good for a laugh!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Looks like you had yourself a fabulous Monday after all!! I love all the goodies!!! Bella says she LOVES spongebob, lol!

So glad you liked the card hun!

Jean Maurie said...

What a wonderful Monday you had!! Those all look like such fun. I love smiley faces and am slowly decorating my office with them. I guess we can't put pictures on comments huh! Well consider yourself smiled at :)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful gifts Iggy they are great and Im so glad that you got them because you deserve them, you are so loved by everyone!!!

Joy De Vivre Design said...

Thanks so much for the kind shout out! :) I am a little behind on my reading for the week!

LadyStyx said...

*points aladdinsane tot he alien files with a reminder of no food or drink while reading*

I think it's time for a refresher OCHA story with links to some of the earlier stories to get the newbies caught up...