Hi,
I just wanted to let everyone know my Dad came home from the hospital late Friday morning needing mostly a good night's sleep and a shave. This morning, he is doing well. My Mom and I have had to rein him in a little bit as he was eager to "get back to work".
I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from everyone.
We had quite a scare Tuesday and thankfully the emergency responders were at the door of my Dad's place within minutes. They are your "everyday" quiet and unsung heroes and they are perhaps taken for granted sometimes - I want to thank them for their speedy and skillful response.
The rain continues to fall here - the local streams are muddy and flooded - the sky is dark and gloomy - and it's Monday to top it off - but I'm drinking my coffee thinking - its a good day as things are "back to normal".
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

30 comments:
YES!!!!!
Such splendid news!!! I'm sorry it's rainy where you are. We are just now seeing the sun again. It seems so incredibly bright after so much rain and cloudiness. Hopefully it will find it's way to you too!!!
Glad to hear you father continues to do well.
It is very dark and gloomy, but there is something I like about it, but the I liked it i FL when we had tropical storms (as opposed to full blown hurricanes), the power of the wind and the rain intrigue me!
There is a new stream running through the properties below us. I am hoping those homes have sump pumps!
Once you have had a scare like your family did last week, it helps put things in perspective. Unfortunately we need that now and the so we don't take the "normal" things in life for granted!
Happy to hear that things are back to normal!
You know, this makes me think that I wake up every morning, get dressed, and come to work...life is same old everyday, but in a way, it's not too bad.
Glad to hear it!
Sometimes normalcy is so underrated.
Good luck keeping your dad still. From my experience, older men are so stubborn and refuse to listen to advice from others!
WooHoo. So happy he's home! I was just about to e-mail you then I checked your blog first. Whew.
Now, I think I might join you in a cup o joe.
Oh how scary!! I would've been a hot mess. Thank goodness he's all right and that the response was so quick. Hope you guys are off drooling over cars ASAP.
By the way, those pictures are awesome!
Enjoy the rest of your dreary day :)
Glad to hear that your dad is doing well. I'm catching up on my reading.
It's dark and gloomy but *60*! Where did THAT come from! Back down to the 30s tomorrow.
Im so glad your dad is home and he is doing well, wonderful news Iggy. I agree with you about the Ambulance people being heroes, they definitely do have very important jobs, I say a thank you to them as well!! HUGS
I'm glad he's back. I hope things are brighter for you soon. Did the Yaya Crunk bring some sunshine to your day? Lol!
That is awesome Iggy. Your mom (and you) will have your hands full trying to rein him in a bit.
The sun is shining, even when it isn't sometimes. Hope the rain lets up on you a bit.
So happy to hear that your dad is home and feeling better. Now make sure he takes it easy for a while!
That is good news, that your Dad is back home! :)
that's wonderful...but I'll still continue to light candles and send up prayers for his continued good health..father ed agrees.
I'm glad to hear your dad is home and doing better. Emergency workers are life savers a lot of the time, and I'm glad they were able to reach your dad so quickly last week.
We've been flooded up here. Not me personally, but lots of roads and homes in the area are under water from the rising creeks. Our ground is still frozen so the water runs off. I have pics to post to my blog when I get some time.
Now that is good news! I hope he stays healthy.
so glad your dad is home safe and sound and is doing better Iggy. sorry, perhaps we sent you the rain, hoping tomorrow is a bright sunny day (and normal is always so nice, isn't it?)
bety
I'm very happy to hear that things are okay. I know how scary it can be to need those special people racing to your door, living through it with my husband and the "parents" he always knew.
Continue to take it easy and enjoy whatever it is that floats your days by smoothly. You deserve it.
A big WHORAAA for ya dad. Thats good news iggYs, take care of him. i know when i had one i wanted to get home and get back to normal, and that takes a long time to do.I was so short of breath i couldnt believe it.But anyway, thats great.. JR Hugs u and ya dad..
I'm glad your Dad is home and doing well! :)
I'm glad to hear your dad's back home, and on the road to health.
:-)
I'm glad to hear he's doing better! That must have been quite a scare.
Thinking of you...
I'm glad your dad is home and doing better. That's the best place for him to recuperate, if he can learn to take it easy for a bit. I've had to call 911 enough times in my life, I know how scary those situations can be.
It snowed here yesterday and again today, tonight's supposed to be down in the single digits...guess winter's back. :-(
Phew, I am so glad your dad is doing better.
I am really glad your dad is doing better.
I'm sorry I haven't been around lately, I am trying to fix that.
Remember, you are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers.
So glad your dad is home and things are settling down. I think that's enough excitement for 2010, right? :):)
that first cup of coffee in the morning seems to set the earth back on its axis
Very wonderful news.
That first cuppa breakfast type beverage, nothin quite beats it.
That is great news! Hopefully you can get your dad to rest for a little while longer before he rushes back to work.
Glad your Dad is ok and resting at home. Hugs!
I am so thankful to hear all is well with your dad!
*Hugs*
Post a Comment