Now, I've walked this stretch of the canal many times, but this walk featured something a little bit different from the usual.
Meet Frederica, Ormandy the Blackfaced, and Petunia!
They were so excited because their human parents were taking them for a walk on the canal!
Actually, I think they were more excited by the fresh clumps of very green grass that are to be found along the towpath - but we'll let them think it's a secret. :)
Frederica was a little slow forming up for the walk having found something special to munch on - but when she heard, "Come Freddy!" she got to trotting along!
So off they went, down the canal, stopping every so often to munch and chew.
Which led to Pumpkin becoming very upset. Pumpkin didn't want to be left behind and protested strenuously. According to Mr. Sheepherder, Pumpkin used to walk with them on the towpath when she weighed a svelte 150 or so pounds - but now that she is a tad bigger, she simply has to stay home.

I never heard such mooing - a 750-pound cow can really bellow!

After a nice walk and a delicious ham dinner, two more animals of the partying kind enjoyed blowing out the candles on their cake!

23 comments:
Wow, what a great place to take a walk. We are not so in love with our farm animals out here in Colorado.
Followed you over here from Jessica's Circle in the Square blog.
Love the photos. I want a sweater from Petunia, it's zero degrees outside today.
You sometimes see stuff like that - sheep on walks - here too. I think it's only natural when they're basically everywhere that isn't classed as a city (and if you include the cuddly toy kind, you can find them in cities too. lol!)
Glad you enjoyed your walk. Hope the birthday celebrations for your Dad and Niece went well. :)
And... Belated happy birthday to your Dad and Niece!
Eeeee! Reminds of Ireland. :)
happy (belated) birthday to your dad and niece! such a wonderful picture of the two of them!! you can see the love their love for each other in that picture!
oh my gosh how cute with the sheep walking! that would have been a sight to see! I'm sure Koda would have looked twice had we encountered such a trio on our morning walk :)
betty
Hope your dad and neice had wonderful birthdays.
hmm sheep..did it remind you of anyone when you saw the sheep? and a cow named pumpkin! wow! *grins at Deanna*
a delightful tour with you.
What a sweet picture of your dad and niece :)
Don't tell anyone, but when I first saw the sheep, I thought they were goats. And then I remembered what goats look like, and realized you posted pics of sheep, not goats.
How cool is that, walking sheep! Growing up near Freddy Hill, I do remember how loud cows can bellow when they are not pleased!
Sounds like you had a great day!
Aww, I love that last picture. Very nice.
Now there's a story of a different kind. Walking your sheep. Interesting.
Happy Birthday to them.
what a great place to walk..love the view and life stock..dad and neice are so sweet..
I think you come across more wild life in one day that I have in my entire life. The only wild life that crosses my path is the occasional Los Angels driver...man the sounds and gestures they make.
=)
Oh my goodness! We are going to have to work on our lambikins, they aren't nearly that well behaved. Well actually, Jim calls them like you would a pig and they do come running. Does that count?
That was pretty awesome.
Hey Iggy's dad - Happy Birthday! You have a wonderful son, btw!
Wow, there's something I don't see everyday (or ever): taking sheep out for a walk. Are there sheep curbing laws around there?
And happy birthday to your dad and niece! Hope it was a lovely celebration :)
I'd love to be able to walk beside that canal. How beautiful! And it would be so much fun sharing the path with the sheep!
Your birthday and your dad's are close, huh?
Taking your sheep and cow for a walk is not something I ever would have pictured. I can see why Pumpkin is jealous! I wonder--do they have to bring a big bag and a roll of paper towels, a shovel, or something to pick up after their sheep and when they brought Pumpkin with? I suppose their might not be sheep and cow poop laws like their are dog poop laws? Well, even when it isn't a law--it is common courtesy on a walkway or pathway. Leave it to me to wonder about the poop--ROFL! :) They look just sweet as can be. And so do your Dad and niece, BTW. So glad he was born so that you could be born. :):)
What a beautiful photo of you Dad and Niece... happy belated birthday wishes to both.....
I LOVE the sheep on their walk, there use to be an old man that lived down our lane that use to take his goats for a walk lol..... and yesterday whilst in the Pet Shop I was looking to see if there was a little harness thing for Janet LMFAO all I found was one for a ferret...... I wonder if I could persuade Janet that she is a ferret lol
Sorry I aint been around since my last crappy Twaddle post, but I have been fighting the most horrendous chest infection, me doctor was gonna shove me in hospital cos she thought it was pneumonia, but I was to stubborn LOL but even though not tip top and it feels like a fat man sitting on my chest, I have to go back to physio this week after a fortnight of not being well enough to go....
I promise to make the rounds proper over the coming days and catch up with everyone....
x
Happy belated birthday wishes to your dad and niece. Love their pic.
Taking sheep for a walk is different. They look happy. The cow, on the other hand, doesn't look as happy. We used to take calves for walks (i think i posted an old pic of me walking one awhile back) but not in public areas. Just out in the fields.
Have a good day today, Iggy. *hugs*
Wonderful pics Iggy, I really enjoyed this blog!
Happy belated birthday to The Iggy-Dad and thge Iggy-Niece!
Ditto what LadyStyx had to say - except I'd say "the" instead of thge ;-)
You always go on the BEST walks!!!! You should be a tour guide!
Post a Comment