So many people - so many struggles.
I just felt a little overwhelmed - there is so little anyone can do - but to be there; either physically to give them a hand, a hug, to hold their hand, to just take out their trash or bring them in the paper; or to be there with them in your mind...
I know it's not the same thing - but sometimes that is all one can do - and sometimes - deep down... I think it helps - somehow.
I spotted this little stream by the trail and sat and rested my tired legs - I had gone nearly three miles from the car at that point - and I just drank in the scene - alone - but knowing I wasn't really alone.
The fresh air and the gentle burble of the stream made me feel a little better - and I don't know if you felt anything yesterday - but I was trying to...mentally share this with you - not so much the placid scene - but it's calming and healing effects - while I was thanking you - for being there for me.

Get Well Soonest -
MarmiteToasty, Tori Z, ChicagoLady, Dorkys, Alice Kay, Karla, LadyStyx, Wife Of Riley, My Side of the Story, Yellow Dog Granny, Annie, and so many others.

15 comments:
Thanks... You're a great friend! *Hugs*
Hope you're doing better yourself too! *Hugs*
What a beautiful picture, to go with a beautiful post. Back is still hurting, but it's down to a dull ache that doesn't go away. I'm up to about 10 minutes at a time in the chair, but I'm still most comfortable when laying down.
*Sigh*
And I spent almost $800 fixing my car a/c yesterday.
Thank you for the warm and caring thoughts.
Thank you for thinking of us while we were thinking of you. :) I hope you're feeling better.
Such a beautiful area where you were walking yesterday. I love sitting or walking along creeks and listening to the water running over the rocks...indeed, very calming and peaceful. It's been awhile since I've done that because we can't walk along the creeks around here anymore since the floods took away most of the area we used to walk on.
Have a great Sunday! *hugs*
This whole week you've helped cheer me up in all these little ways and I'm truly thankful. Yesterday was better, a bit brighter and I felt calmer as I sat in the park. Maybe it was your thoughts making their way to me in the breeze?
As far as the "overwhelmingness" of it all - I understand too. It's tough to know you can't make the other person's hurt go away especially when you're hurting yourself. But getting out of your head and thinking about what you can do to make someone else's day better is a great remedy to relieve some of your own pain. Looks like you and your huge heart have that one down perfectly.
You have done so much to help me. Your kind words are exactly what was required and they are truly appreciated.
Thank you again Iggy, for being a wonderful friend.
What a beautiful, meaningful post. All of the love you shared in it is sent right back to you. Beautiful thoughts from a beautiful person.
And here is to everyone getting to feel better soon - both emotionally and physically.
((((((HUGS)))))) Iggy...
Thank you for being such a wonderful person and one of the best friends I have ever had! And I'm glad we are always with you on your walks and in your life.
Goddess bless you my friend
You are so thoughtful :)
(((Iggy))) fank you.... just wanted to pop on before I go pack and get everything else in place....
Fanks for you kind words and emails and vibes, yep I felt something yesterday, would of loved to of hobbled down through that path with you.....
Trying to mentally prepare for what is gonna be a rough painful ride over the coming months.....
Fanks for being the wonderful friend you are...... know you are loved..
with all your problems you still have time to think of others, you are one special bloke..
x
You have a good heart. Your words are beautiful and inspiring.
Well...this explains why I didnt feel the need to put my fist thru the wall and "make contact" with the problem child. ~grinz~
Seriously though, thanks. Like a wise man once told me... sometimes all you have to do is BE there for a person and it makes a difference. Thanks for BEING there for all of us. You are truly an awesome friend.
As for the picture.... puzzleworthy, simply puzzleworthy! Oh hell, it's framed oil paint gallery quality.
You are a kind person with a big heart. I hope you feel better soon, along with all the people you listed. :)
Yesterday I went for a little walk in the woods too. Instead of 3 miles, I was on it for maybe, oh, 20 minutes? It was still good though.
You know, I often think stuff like that, of people's ailments. Sometimes it consumes. Other times it's what keeps me going. For example, when I'm having a pity party I'll then say to myself, you know what? I don't have cancer, I should be so thankful! And then I move forward with life with a new sense of hope. Unfortunately there are so many who suffer beyond what I could ever imagine.
Beautiful pic. I love those old streams that seem to just come out of nowhere.
You are a special person Iggy...thanks for being you.
Post a Comment