Wednesday, December 26, 2018

I've Been Missing In Action - 2


I've had some health issues and after 8 or 9 months with 3 doctors, 3 specialist and 3 stays in the hospital, am not really much closer to feeling better. On the good days and I walk a bit and work a couple hours. On the bad days, I can't walk much more than to the bathroom. Most distressing for someone that enjoys walking daily - no matter the weather.

The houseboat was donated to charity. And I've been back to the wharf only once to say goodbye to the people there and to the place with so many memories.

Tomorrow brings another visit to the hospital and an MRI.

I've gotten my grandmother's beloved garden furniture and sign outside my office window. You can see them in Flickr (Link to the right).

Little things take me a day or more to get done.

Hopefully I won't be a year posting the next time!

10 comments:

Rita said...

I can totally relate to things taking a lot longer to do or not being able to do anything at all. You have had such a hard year, too. It has to be extra hard for you not to be able to go walking when you so loved doing that almost every day. I pray this coming year will see improvement.

Can you please let me know when you're up to it how the hospital visit and MRI went? So glad to see a post from you. Anything at all will do. We just want to hear from you. Love and hugs!!! :)

betty said...

You have had a "heck" of a time with your health this past year and I know its been a discouraging, frustrating time. I hope someone comes up with the answers and then a plan of treatment that is effective in reducing or eliminating your pain so that you can have a reasonable quality of life. To be a walker and then not being able to do it has got to be tough for you. Wherever the house boat got donated to, I hope it is being put to good use for others to make memories in it like you had done when it was in your possession.

To 2019 to be a better year!!!

betty

Victoria Zigler said...

I know you've had a bad year, and wish it wasn't the case. I hope you get the answers and help you need soon, and can get to walking regularly again... I know you must really miss that.

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm so glad you are back...i love that you are back..please take care of yourself..

Mellie said...

Sorry you have not been well. Hope you find some answers soon and start on the path to healing.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So good to see a blog from you, but not such good news about your health. I hope your Drs are good and you get it all figured out. Sending you a hug.

AliceKay said...

I know you've been having a hard time lately. I know how difficult it has been for you for so many reasons. I hope and pray the MRI finds something that will help the doctors fix you right up so you can get back to walking. Pain is not something that's easily dealt with, even on our best days.

Take it one day at a time, one step at a time, and know you have so many friends out here rooting for your improved health.

*hugs*

Pamela said...

My prayer for you is some supernatural discernment from one of your medical persons. I hear people say when life throws you lemons, make lemonade. But these are rotten lemons youve been handed . I think we need to get a recipe for marmalade!! Heh heh. Hug!!!

Deanna said...

Hi Iggy. I hope all of those Dr’s and specialists and tests and have come to some conclusions that have you on the road to recovery. You are constantly in my prayers. I am looking forward to a post that says I’m Back! Huge 🤗 hugs.

My Tata's Cottage said...

My goodness, I am so far behind. I feel so badly. I need to remember to use my blog reading list to check up daily. I love that bench. You get well and take those small steps each day to improve.
Your fox friend in the last post was quite cute although I know they can be menacing to farmers and even small pet owners like us. We don't see too many these days. Wandering cats or an occasionally sad looking dog.
I think it is amazing how you and your brother bought the display case and learned the importance of the correct procedure for folding a flag. I treasure our flag but I noticed on Flag Day it is had a tear in it. Our local rec center has a drop off for old and torn flags so they are disposed of properly. Time for us to buy a new one, proudly made in the USA.
My thoughts on the govt. - UGH Shame on them is all I can say.I remember my husband's younger brother getting the no no no every time he searched for help after his stroke and his 8 years of military service in the USN. Unless your big brass or have lost your limbs they just do not care.
Hang in there and get better each day, take care and enjoy all the simple things you see each day. HUGS