I've been either busy with lots of overtime at work (60+ hrs/week) combined with a lot of "catching up" because I've missed a bunch of days due to being sick - or being totally "out of commission" being sick.
I did get out some these past couple weekends. I got to the Howell Living History Farm near my Mom's place and enjoyed a hayride. I posted some photos and videos in Flickr if you want to see them. Since my dad died, the Howell Farm has become a refuge - and a place to step back in time. When I enter the property - it is like stepping back 100 years - and time slows... and things ... feel relaxed and ... safe (no flying missiles - nobody blowing themselves up - no tweets - no inanity)
The sense of calmness is much needed.
Seeing a 1907 Case Steam powered tractor takes one back in time too! This one was bringing Santa Claus and his wife to the farmhouse.
After the farm visit, I went to another farm, Paxson Hill Farm, where I could visit the Peacocks...
I finally got around to sending out some Christmas cards this past week. Maybe I'm catching up after all?
The team of oxen carted wood used by the steam tractor.



13 comments:
I know you've been having a pretty tough time lately. You're never far from my thoughts and prayers.
I'm glad you've found a place you can go to to find that solitude and calm in life. You take some great pictures, too. You know I've been keeping track of you and your pictures on Flickr. Wow, that old steam tractor is noisy. ;)
Thank you for the Christmas card I received in today's mail. I sent your package out this morning. Merry Christmas, my friend. *hugs*
Wow, that's a grueling work schedule in addition to being under the weather at times, etc. Such a great place to go and relax and enjoy the sites that are available to see! Does look tranquil there!
Thank you for the Christmas card! Very sweet of you to send one and so very sweet of you to put up a tree for your mom! I'm sure it is so appreciated! You are a good son!
Keeping Christmas very simple here this year, so no cards being sent, but sending the warmest wishes for a very nice Christmas Day and a great healthy new year!
betty
Been a very rough year...on so many levels. I'm glad you found a place where you can feel so peaceful. It looks absolutely lovely. A place to leave electronics at home, you know? I hope the overtime hours let up, you feel better, and your spirits are lifted up this coming year...for both you and your mom.
Love and hugs from Rita and Annie :)
I'm glad you found a place where you can feel safe and peaceful. *hugs*
I miss you sooo much..much love and a happy yule..
I figured you just needed some space, you know your friends are here if you need us! I hope you are feeling better now, and that the time spent in a calmer place does it's magic. I need calmer too!! Merry Christmas!
I enjoyed seeing all your photos! The sled and lights was way interesting, I bet it would look cool at night :)
Hi Karl. It is great to see a post from you! I’m sorry you have been sick and then having to work so much overtime. Not a good combination. It was wonderful to get a Christmas card from you. I am hoping 2018 is a year of reconnecting. It is great that you have found some places of calm in this crazy world we live in. I’ll be checking out your Flickr pictures soon. Hug hugs dear friend and wishes for a very Merry Christmas! Xoxoxo
That schedule would knock my socks off! I always enjoy your pictures and blog. Happy New Year!
It is nice to see you blogging again!
Love the photos of the farm and that white peacock is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.
I miss you!
Always close in my thoughts and prayers. I sure miss seeing you here though. I hope you are getting along wonderfully. HUGS
Hope you are doing better. I sure miss you here. Thanks for visiting me still. HUGS
Post a Comment