Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Mother's Day and Graduations
Last weekend, I went to upstate (Rochester) NY to attend my nephew's graduation. It is a 7 hour drive one-way, so the ride is rather tiring. I took my parents up. My oldest nephew graduated on Sunday morning - the ceremony was held in the minor league ice hockey team's building downtown.
I never actually saw the college campus (Nazareth University). The younger nephew graduates this upcoming Saturday (Niagara College near Buffalo) but his is "limited attendance" (only four tickets), so we just celebrated his "while we were there" and of course we celebrated Mother's Day too! It was a party-harty weekend!
The weather was sunny - actually it was hot and sticky and in the 90s. Surprising for Rochester at this time of year (their daffodils just bloomed last week!) I would visit them more often - but 14 hours of driving for a weekend doesn't work out so well!
The stage was within easy view.
My nephew was not quite lost in the crowd. I see him in there!
The big moment - two hours into the ceremony.
Outside in the nice sunshine with a gentle cooling breeze, the nephews are besieged with photo op requests.
Let's cram twenty people into the dinning room!
The cake was a work of art - I told my mom, the best thing about all this - is seeing my nephews smiling and happy. She replied, "That might be the best (grand)mother's day gift a mom could ever get.
Labels:
Appreciation,
Congratulations,
Family,
Holidays,
Milestones,
Real World
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






14 comments:
Looks like a happy bunch! Congratulations to your nephews!! I have a nephew getting his Doctorate in Engineering in June in Oregon...talk about a ride. As far as I know we are not going:)
Wonderful and happy Day!
Congrats to both of your nephews!! Job well done for both of them! Wishing them much success in whatever their future endeavors will be!
That was nice you could be part of their celebration (albeit with one not seeing the actual graduation ceremony) and take your parents along too to see their accomplishments. I am sure it was a memory filled weekend for your parents :)
betty
Lots of happiness was packed into that dining room! 14-hour drive to attend a graduation -- you are a great uncle!
Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. Fourteen hours of driving would kill me these days. Good idea to double and triple up on celebrations. :):)
Congratulations to your nephews, and belated happy Mothers' Day to your Mom!
I can tell you are one proud Uncle - and well you should be! Seven hours one way is quite a stretch. I can see why you don't make it there very often. I'm with your mom, I cannot imagine a better (grand)mother day present.
I spotted your nephew in that shot right away, didn't even know it until I saw the video after. Congratulations to both of them!
Congratulations to your nephews on their college graduations. Yep, that's a long drive for anyone. I'm glad you were able to take your parents to their grandsons' graduations. :)
Congratulations to your nephews! What a nice uncle you are to drive such a long way to be present at his graduation and to be with the other nephew too.
Hope your mom had a lovely Mother's Day!
Oh forgot to say" love the Cartoon in the Header of "Vivian the Chicken!" LOL
Precious graduation memories! Love it that you shared them with us! Congrats to both of your nephews! I also thank you for always stopping by my blog. You are a great friend and we do treasure knowing you!
Congratulations to both your nephews. Glad you all were able to be there for the one ceremony and to celebrate both accomplishments...although I was wondering whether "Stargnoc" was a secret code for the school mascot's name...perspective...it's all about one's viewpoint ;)
where you been?
Post a Comment