I recently dug up an old photograph and my younger brother and I racked our brains to try to remember who was who. This group shot shows me and my Boy Scout troop setting off on a canoe trip in Maine.
I'm interested in knowing how many you can remember too. I have photos like that too and only a few names stand out, and usually only either first or last for some reason.
I was a girl scout...but got thrown out..I wanted to join boy scouts, thinking they wouldn't have got so pissed at me for being found in the galley playing poker with chinese cooks...but you would have thought I wanted to join the Communist Party..
I spotted you right away too! I am amazed you and your brother came up with all the names too. Kudos! We are celebrating our 45 year High School Reunion this year. How the devil did that happen? Thank you so much for the card. It made me smile so big. I've been such a bad friend. But that doesn't mean I don't think of everyone often! xoxoxo
My son Jeremy had a high school buddy who was an Eagle Scout. I use to tell him, "Joe Hoover, if I am ever lost in the wilderness I hope you will be there with me." LOL! My older middle brother ed was a boy scouts. Jeremy was a Cub Scout, got into sports and gave it up! It was a good experience for them both tho. I love old photos in b/w. Sweet, Anne
18 comments:
That adventure looked interesting! I imagine there were many wonderful memories from it. Were you able to remember who was who in the picture?
betty
How many of your fellow scouts could you remember?
I remember the names of some of my fellow Girl Guides, but not all.
I think I can pick out you and your brother! You've got a tall kid in between... am I right?
Great memory -- which one is you?
How cool to find this great pic. I think I know which kiddo you are....
Great pic. I hope you and the group had a great adventure in Maine. :)
I bet this picture brought back memories, though. Looks like a fun trip. :)
I'm interested in knowing how many you can remember too. I have photos like that too and only a few names stand out, and usually only either first or last for some reason.
Think on it awhile and some more names may come back to you...I bet that was a great trip:)
Betty and Martha - After 10-20 minutes, my younger brother remembered them all - We can't remember what year we took this trip though.
Tori - I was involved in Scouts for 15 years - and in 3 troops - I can remember most of them. Some more than others!!
Furry Bottoms - Yes. I'm on the right.
sugarlens - I am 3 from right, back row.
What fun! I have lots of great memories from my girl scout days..especially of camping..tons of fun.
I was a girl scout...but got thrown out..I wanted to join boy scouts, thinking they wouldn't have got so pissed at me for being found in the galley playing poker with chinese cooks...but you would have thought I wanted to join the Communist Party..
Spotted you right away! Amazing that you were able to remember all the names.
Nice!
And awesome photo.
love old photos!
I spotted you right away too! I am amazed you and your brother came up with all the names too. Kudos! We are celebrating our 45 year High School Reunion this year. How the devil did that happen? Thank you so much for the card. It made me smile so big. I've been such a bad friend. But that doesn't mean I don't think of everyone often! xoxoxo
I'm sure you have a lot of wonderful memories of the Boy Scouts! Not many boys seem as interested these days, and that's a shame.
My son Jeremy had a high school buddy who was an Eagle Scout. I use to tell him, "Joe Hoover, if I am ever lost in the wilderness I hope you will be there with me." LOL! My older middle brother ed was a boy scouts. Jeremy was a Cub Scout, got into sports and gave it up! It was a good experience for them both tho.
I love old photos in b/w. Sweet, Anne
Post a Comment