Rest in Peace Kero - I have long adopted other people's pets - a couple of them have become "nearly my own."
Kero was one of them.
I watched him grow up - and read about his "exploits" and experiences. I sorted out his photos for his special human - enjoying each and every pose he had. He had presence - an attitude - and his human loved him beyond all the words she ever wrote about him.
I took pleasure in creating the covers for each and every one of the "Kero" books, even if my talent was meager and crude.
Kero Celebrates Christmas - I wondered how he didn't get lost in the snow with his gleaming white coat. I was always pulling for him to "catch" Santa Paws when he came by to leave him his Christmas presents.
Kero Celebrates Halloween - he was admittedly, perhaps a tad spoiled - he certainly got his share of the treats.
Kero Celebrates His Birthday - I only regret there weren't enough of them.
Kero Goes Walkies - For a little dog - he had a big heart and loved to explore the world outside his door.
Kero Goes To Town - He took some adventurous trips, here and there, and even rode the train!
Kero Gets Sick - Everyday I rooted for him to get well and to stay well. He has gone to the place that well loved doggies go - the Canine Valhalla. His presence in our world, too brief as it was, was a gift to us all.
He will not be forgotten. My thoughts and prayers are with his grieving special person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







14 comments:
Oh poor Tori and poor Kero. He was a good pup.
So sad, I am so sorry for you and your friend too. Sending a hug:)
I am sorry to hear this about Kero; I know he was deeply loved by Tori.
betty
My thoughts and prayers are with Tori and Kelly. Kero was a special dog and he was big part of a very special family.
Thank you Iggy for this beautiful post! Hugs!
And thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on it!
I got the crushing news on FB last night. I was so sad. I loved watching Kero through Tori's experiences. He really will be missed.
I don't know why it is that we get so attached to our animals...perhaps it is because it allows us to become more human...
So sorry to hear about your friend's painful loss. I hope, in time, she will see a shift from the pain of the immediate loss to the comfort of positive memories.
Kero will be missed. He was greatly loved.
Hugs to Tori and Kelly.
Well what some very -very lovely photo's of one very-very wonderful little dog that i was so proud to be his human Great Grandma, i will miss sending you Birthday and Christmas cards Kero , and thank you very much for the lovely post about our Kero, big hugs for Tori and Kelly, xxxx
Oh how hard it is to lose a loved one, furry or otherwise. My girlfriend Vivian just lost her precious kitty. He had an honest to goodness moustache! HeeHee! I love all these books about Kero. How sweet!
My heart hurts for them. We have known Kero and his many adventures since he was a little guy. Wonderful tribute.
Thank you all for your lovely comments.
so sad..
I am definitely going to miss Kero. He was a fun pooch to watch :)
Post a Comment