Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!!


What do you get a special person that has everything?

Here she is sitting on a boat reading the history of one of the lighthouses near Baltimore, Maryland. I think she would actually like an old lighthouse - but that isn't too likely to happen! Perhaps she might enjoy a weekend stay at one - preferably one that is not haunted.


So what do you get her? Well, the case of my Mom, you get her a wire reel.


You take it down the shore and put it on the porch. And then, of course, you paint it and forget to take a photo of it!

In any event, my mom was surprised beyond words. She could only stammer, "You! why... why... you!!!! I.. You!!! oh!!!"

I'll get a photo of it painted next time I get down there - I usually don't go down their in the summer - the crowds and I don't get along - so when the fast approaching end of summer arrives, I'll be heading down to enjoy the much more peaceful, hopefully deserted beach and take another photo.


An old photo of the house down the shore showing where her new "porch table" is sitting - by the way, that is a Peugeot station wagon. My mom loved that car!

13 comments:

sugarlens said...

You are such a wonderful son!!!!

betty said...

happy birthday to your mom, Iggy! I look forward to seeing the table painted when you have time to take the picture of the wire reel reincarnated so to speak :)

betty

AliceKay said...

I hope your mom had a wonderful birthday today. I had forgotten your mom and Terri's mom shared the same birthday.

Nice birthday gift. :)

Jacqi Stevens said...

Oh, hooray! I couldnt' wait until your mom saw what you did with that table. What a great idea. I'm so glad she was speechless! What a wonderful surprise!

Happy birthday to your mom! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! You left her speechless...wow!! You are a good son! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

I know I'm late, but... Happy birthday to your Mom!

I'm glad she was so pleased with your gift!

ChicagoLady said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! Sounds like you really surprised her with that gift. And she'll think of you every time she sees it.

Furry Bottoms said...

One of those wire reels would be SO COOL to have!!! You're a good son. I am glad she had a good birthday!!

Martha said...

Love it just as is! Thanks so much for the welcome back. Its so good to hear from you! :)

yellowdoggranny said...

what a son you are.

Rita said...

When you render someone speechless you know you hit the nail on the head. Happy birthday to your mom! :)

Deanna said...

Those spools are perfect for tables. Can't wait to see what color youo painted it. I can only imagine how excited she was. Kudos! Never heard of that kind of station wagon... Hope you are doing well. Hugs.

Parsley said...

Makes me so proud of you. It's one of those gifts that mean so much.