On the way home from the houseboat this weekend, I stopped long enough to take a photograph of a... a... um... eyeful? that I have been seeing the past month or so. I ran the photograph past my brother and ask, "What the heck?" and he answered, "Perhaps the latest Mary Kay Cosmetics top sales winner didn't want a Cadillac?"
That worked for me!
The real story (found here) is nearly as bizarre. Meet “Smoke on the Water,” The Grill Meister’s floating BBQ restaurant.
As the story relates, in October of 2012 the houseboat was purchased from the nearby Worton Creek Marina. The interior was gutted, and painted inside and out. In went 3 refrigerators, a freezer, gas stove, and custom-made grill on the deck.
As soon as possible, I'll try to sample some of the cooking! Meantime, I have to find my sunglasses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


16 comments:
We have pink towing trucks here! LOL
Okay..pink IS my fav color but this hurts my eyes. Pink should never be on a house or on a mode of transportation. Pepto Bismol.
OMG! that is the Mary Kay pick, for real!! You will have to tell us if they have good food. They certainly have a great gimmick and are easy to spot. ;)
You haben gelosten viel pounds von der Figur.
Und das Ship machen sicken, too viel pinken.
Hmmm...I didn't think that was a Mary Kay shade of pink...
I'm with Parsley: Pepto Bismol comes to mind. Hopefully, they have better taste in BBQ sauce than boat colors :)
Awaiting the full report!
I love reading stories about entrepreneurs. I think it's a great idea, I am not so sure about the pink, but I'm sure it's a great customer attractor. The breakfast sounds delicious too, served all day, bonus!
That certainly is pink! I can only think that they came up with that color because people will continue to remember it, thus, a great advertising tool. You'll have to let us know if you eat there, Iggy, how the food was.
betty
Way cool, not likely to get lost in a crowd of boats. Thanks for sharing the interesting story! Yes you should have some pulled pork there and report back:)
that hurts my eyes
Wow, that boat is definitely pink! An ingenious idea for selling food to boaters. But really...Peptol Bismol pink?
And if it ever goes out of business, they can play "Sink The Pink" by AC/DC over the loudspeakers, lol.
I think a certain girl in my life would love to get on this boat.
People will certainly be able to see it. ;) Have you had a chance to try the food yet?
We've been off camping, so here I am trying to catch up. I like the fashion statement that boat is making. Hot! Hope the food is good!
We've been off camping, so here I am trying to catch up. I like the fashion statement that boat is making. Hot! Hope the food is good!
That is perfectly pink! Wow! Great photo. Those Mary Kay ladies have those SUVS today that are pearl pink I think! AT least the ones aronun here are! HAHA !
Post a Comment