I went over to Chestertown's Fountain Park to take photos of all the painted park benches. I wanted to "collect the set."
The fountain has recently been restored it dates to 1853. Photos of the restoration can be found (here)
After admiring the benches, I strolled up and down the streets of town - and admired a butterfly
A colorful mural of Chester River "town dock" with the Steamship "B. S. Ford" and the Schooner Sultana (and cute crabs dancing on baskets).
Having walked ten miles that day, this chair looked extra-super inviting
...turns out it is for sale, as is the entire house behind it.
I took a short drive the next morning to the sleepy town of Oxford, Maryland and spotted another "bay side" mural
I really didn't want to go home last weekend. The next "colors" with be autumnal. :)











14 comments:
Love all those ducks. They kept a safe distance from the scary man with the camera, though--lol! ;)
those benches are really inviting and cheerful! What a great old fountain. Glad they restored it so it was not lost.
Won't be long and the leaves will be turning. The cooler night air has arrived again up here. (But the days are still around 90!) Enjoy the boat while you can!! :) :)
Looks like a fun, peaceful outing.
Sounds like a great, serence walk and you really enjoyed it.
I hated seeing that last-official-weekend-of-summer come and go, too. But I absolutely LOVE those painted chair photos! What great ideas. Some people are so talented. Reminds me of those programs to redirect graffiti artists to paint murals on the sides of downtown businesses--which must be a monumental task. Painting a park bench seems more do-able.
Love the benches and the fountain too! Ten miles..I would be dead:)
Is there a story behind the painted benches I wonder? They are all so colorful. I know where we lived in Montana, for a fund raiser for the museum, they had various organizations paint horses (full size) and then they were raffled off and displayed at locations throughout the city. Wonder if something similar with the benches?
So cute with the mama and her family; lots of "babes" she has to take care of.
Good that you did get home though to see the fading summer before the fall colors arrive. I enjoyed the visit through your eyes.
betty
I just love those benches! It looks like the "baby" ducks are about ready to be on their own. That' a lot of babies to keep track of! Such a colorful town!
I love those benches, so colorful and fun!
It's not enough you chase Charlies, now you're chasing ducks too? LOL
Looks like this is the butterfly: link
Not looking forward to Autumn!
Lots of color in this post today! And the ducklings were adorable :)
I noticed him chasing the ducks too, ChicagoLady. LOL Did you also notice how they turned around and wanted to head back to shore? LOL
Those are really cool looking benches. Someone has an eye for color. Sure makes the town "bright and cheery", too.
I love murals. :)
Hope this weekend is a good one.
the ducks made dexter get up and check out what the hell that noise was..i love those benches and I'd be forced to steal that chair..
What a gorgeous fountain!!! And all those colorful benches - wow!! Thank you for sharing the quack-quacks!
So much packed into one fun post. The beautiful benches, the murals - love them - the ducks, the fountain. I almost felt like I was there with you. Wish I was. We are taking the Casita out for the first time this coming weekend. You are right about everything having its place. It is going to be interesting, but fun.
What a fun trip you had! Those benches are so lovely. I love the rocking chair too! Maybe you will buy that house with the chair and all of us here will come for a visit! You have such an interesting take on blogging and I am always happy when I catch up with you here. A special thank you for the nice card for my brother-in-law. He is having such a tough time and he received several cards and they made me very happy!
Post a Comment