Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tale of Two Cones...

Every hear the expression, my friend / parent / significant other went to someplace special and all I got was a t-shirt?  Ever think that was an ungrateful and ungracious thing to say?

Recently, a wonderful friend of mine went to Disneyland Land (the one in California), and visited the most marvelous spot on Earth... can you imagine an entire motel for cones???  I wanted to pack my bag(s) and head there the very instant I learned of the place - and in fact, may well retire there... I'll be the old guy driving the lawn tractor around (sneaking photos of any wayward conies!)  Little did I know that a few days later, in the snail mail, I would get a package with a plastic bag from Disneyland and find within it... a plastice drinking OCHA from Cars Land!! I used it today to drink some iced tea - and felt like a King!

Parsley Cone - Thank You Parsley!!

Just about the same time, and I apologize for being so late with this "Thank You" post, Farside of Fifty sent me a wonderful hand carved cone. Every time I look at it, it says something to me... it's other-worldly and old-worldly at the same time. Or perhaps I just watched E.T. the Extraterrestrial one time too many? It is so unique and different I put it on the fireplace mantel at work were it faces my desk and I see it each day.

Farside of Fifty Cone- Thank You Connie!

Overwhelmed by all this cone goodness - I fended off the latest cold nights with a SpongeBob SquarePants Snuggle Blanket! I don't look as good as the model wearing it - but the blanket does!

Ladystyx's SpongeBob Squarepants Snuggly - Thank you Ladystyx!

10 comments:

Parsley said...

The 'ancient' cone is so mysterious looking. Perhaps it was damaged in an alien crash landing long ago. Cool!

Glad you liked the cone cup and the Cone Motel!

Love the robe. Sponge Bob is quoted often in this house. LOL

Jacqi Stevens said...

You have found your dream destination at last! Cone heaven! Your friends know you well :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

You should start packing soon..what a trip that would be for you! So glad you like the carving:)

yellowdoggranny said...

you have lovely friends.

Deanna said...

Oh my. So much goodness! That sippy cup is priceless. But then so is the hand carved cone and the snuggly. Amazing.

When I got my computer back there were new desk top icons from the new software he loaded. I had to blink several time to make sure I wasn't seeing things because one of the items was an orange cone for TLC Media Player. Everybody is getting into the action I tell you.

Hugssss and hope you are having a really good week. Hump day!

Queenie Jeannie said...

What great mail!!! I know you enjoyed them all too! Hugs!

Annesphamily said...

Oh your cone is too precious! I know how you love those! It is good to see you here. Have a great weekend!

AliceKay said...

Very cool stuff in your mail lately. Those are pretty nice gifts from your friends.

My grandson would love that Cars cone cup. LOL

Joy De Vivre Design said...

That Cars Land cone cup is too cute! I am going there Friday and will certainly think of you when I see those!

How fun is the Sponge Bob Snuggly!

LadyStyx said...

So glad you liked the Snuggy robe. Figured you could use it for as cold as it gets up your way.