I wrote to my penpal and found writing with pen and paper an interesting exercise. I've not written much beyond short notes in cards lately. I found it an enjoyable way to pass time. A few days ago (sorry, I've been really under the weather and time has blurred together and I know I'm very late posting this), I received a note from my secret penpal! It is much, much more than a note - she did this marvelous cross-stitched handmade note card!
Gosh, I was tickled pin...er...orange! The note inside asked about how my fixation with cones started. Well, secret penpal, it is all explained (here). I hope after you read about it, you will still want to be my secret penpal!
Thank you for the wonderful card, Secret Penpal!!
Some of you may remember my saying somewhere (it totally escapes me where)...that I wear my pedometer all the time, even while wearing just my underpants. Someone asked how about those times where I was washing my only pair of underwear...standing nervously at the washer and dryer, hoping that they didn't follow the escaping, soon to be mis-matched newly not a pair of socks. Did I wear my pedometer even then?
Well, no... but I got this in an email from another penpal that I send a card to on occasion and I was sooooo tempted to photoshop in a pedometer... somewhere... but umm.. good taste "spared" you that (maybe).
:)
Lastly, but not leastly (as I say), I got a postcard from Parsley thanking me for joining in on the secret penpal adventure.
Parsley... it is ME that should be thanking YOU!

20 comments:
Parsley lives in my backyard? ;)
Sounds like a lot of fun!
What a cute card from your secret penpal! I'm sure you will have a lot of fun writing back and forth.
I was wondering where you've been. sorry you've been feeling low. I like the pen pal idea. Actually writing with pen and paper sounds intimidating though...
"The Scary Real World" is hilarious! I was curious also.
Looks like your penpal already knows you pretty good. Very cute card. :) Hope you enjoy being part of the secret penpal club.
I wanna see the photoshopped pic with the pedometer attached...somewhere. ;)
Hope you feel better soon. *hugs*
Yippie! You got another cone! I could only WISH to create such a fun masterpiece. So glad you got a cross stitched one!
I am glad you are having fun. Makes me happy!
Pen palling is so much fun. I wish I could put my kids to bed earlier and have a maid so that I could devote serious time to it. Love the cross stitched cone!
that is a cool card! When I was at my daughter's ... while she was having her radioactive therapy ...
some ladies brought over dinner (because they said they wanted Karmyn to know that her kids were loved while she was in the hospital)..
So I got my watercolors out and my watercolor postcard size paper -- and helped the almost 8 year old daughter watercolor thank you notes. We splashed on lots of colors and then drew a flower over top of it and painted the flower, too. Then she signed each piece of art
Pray it doesn't rain in western oregon this week! -- as my daughter wrote on the back and mailed them
I hope the recipients enjoy them as much as you enjoy your cool hand made card!
My handwriting is so terrible because I never use paper and pen anymore. But it's so nice to receive a handwritten note/card/letter sometime.
Glad you're feeling better. You've been missed. Love the "Play Naked" drawing. A real pen pal. Wow, what a great idea. Looks like you've got a good one.
Awesome about the penpal thing. I'm sure recieving thhat made your day! :)
LMAO about the pedometer thing!
What a wonderful gift!!! I sure hope you are feeling better Iggy HUGS!
I hope you are feeling better by now! I love the idea of a pen pal..but I already have friends without computers to write to and sometimes I think I am neglecting them. My hand gets tired of holding a pen sometimes..a sign that I should write more:)
What a fun project- I've never actually had a real pen pal- I actually used to be "pen pals" with my best friend...which made no sense, as we'd see each other every day at school...
Love the cross-stitched card- how cute!
I hope you are feeling better. A cold? Take care of you, you!
The secret pen pal idea is great. And how creative your pen pal is!
I am afraid if I wore a pedometer all of the time that it would malfunction from all of the stopping and going and ups and downs and twirls! You must have a really, really good one.
You made me smile today... just thought you'd like to know that.
Hugest of hugs.
As always a stop here brings a smile to my face. I hope all is going well for you.
(Hm) Pen pal. Sounds like such fun but I am soooo very bad at keeping up with hand written notes. I would be a bad pen pal. :(
I love the cross stitch card! Imagine having one designed just for you.....someone must think you are very special. I like the Oklahoma post card too. Only it isn't green here like in the picture. :) Have a fantastic day!
I had penpals in my younger days..I miss that. Enjoy!!!
Hey..Stay safe in the storm that is headed up the coast:)
I miss my old pen pals..but I'm still corresponding with my pen pal from Australia.
I love the secret pen pal swap! You got a great swapper! What a cool gift! I have no clue who my pal is. Trying to figure it out is tough business! Hmmm....happy swapping Iggy! It will be fun to reveal each person at the December date! I need to psot cause my swap pal wants me to ask questions they can answer! SO I will get busy and post!
My son had shingles and he ran cross country today for the very first time this year. He is getting stronger everyday! Yea!
Post a Comment