...might have an answer, and that answer may be:
To stand on top of the mailbox.

I found this chicken standing on a mailbox on a back country road on the way to wharf Friday. I pulled out my camera thinking. "Hey! I could blog that!" I was a little disgusted when I discovered my camera battery was dead.
So, I went on to the houseboat, charged my camera battery, and then spent two hours driving around in a maze of Eastern Shore cornfields trying to remember where I had seen "the chicken on the box". Finally, coming around a curve lined with towering corn and blossoming, purple Crape Myrtles, I spotted it.

I suppose one would call this a clever use of old scrap iron and steel pieces. Or perhaps one might think, the chicken that crossed the road got caught in a sudden summer downpour and rusted solid, immobilized for all eternity - forever stuck on the other side.

I wonder what the mail person thinks of this "artwork"?
And now another age old question and it's answer... Why did Iggy walk all the way across a hot, humid parking lot at high noon risking heat stroke?
To take a picture of this awesome, totally rust-free, blemish-free, VW Beatle.

Orange you glad you know that?
:)

25 comments:
*chuckles* Iggy, your good! :) And there used to be a house nearby with a yard full of old BW bugs. I mean like 20-30 of them. All rusted down. I always thought that was an awesome sight. But a blemish free bug? WOW!
Cute. :)
Love the chicken. You are a dedicated picture taker to go home and come back. Wow. I am so directionally challenged, I'd never have found it again.
I have an issue with the VW commercial that does the "slug bug" thing for any VW. Back in the day, it was for the bug only. I think they are cheating doin the slug for anything else. Just a thought. :)
Oh my goodness...yes that was worth a blog post. How fun is that!?!
I absolutely LOVE the chicken on the mailbox and greatly appreciate your driving about for two hours trying to find it again for us. (I get lost if you spin me around.) I love mailbox art! This one is really cool. I would hope it gives the mail persons grins and giggles.
The pristine orange bug was also worth the hot trot across the lot. My dad had a bug. My mother wasn't allowed to drive it. ;)
Ooh I could totally see myself driving down some scenic road in that car, windows down and the radio turned up. I really miss driving sometimes :p
Cute post!
Cool chicken! However it got there, I'm glad you spotted it and could share it with us! :)
I would love that chicken at my house! =)
Also, don't blame you one bit for taking a picture of the VW. Sweet little ride...
That chicken is a very neat way to use up old crap, I think whoever did it, did a pretty good job. I agree with the earlier comment, ONLY True bug are worthy of the slug bug slug. 'nuff said. You would love it here in the west, the cars here never rust and they last forever. Lots of cherry bugs around here. I'm envious of the houseboat.
Ya know, looking at the "chicken" makes me think it's more of a rooster, if you ask me. Which you didn't.
I'm assuming you meant to say rust free? You don't see those east of the Miss too often anymore.
Orange ya glad to know that orange is often my favorite color. You went on a chicken hunt ... and got your shot! Yay!
Oh man! That looks like the Yaya Mobile!!!! Love it!
AND I love the chicken! My camera is either dead or at home when I find a "must" camera shot! VERY annoying!!!
But it will be charged up for PARIS, PARIS, PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Things we do for our blogs! :)
hmmm I wonder why anyone would want that on their mailbox..rusted out old chicken even dried up in the sun and only left it's frame!
One of my bffs had a Green VW beetle when we were in Highschool. WE sure had a lot of fun cruising the avenue and flirting with the firemen at the main fire station when we got a little older :) She had that car for about 8 years!
Cute!
That is so cool! I can't believe you drove around for 2 hours to find it, though! And that beetle? Uh-mazing. Dream car, for sure. Oh man, would I look good in that car :)
That bug is really Orange! My girls used to slug bug me all the time..I think they just did it to irritate me.
Way cool Chicken Art on the mailbox:)
the moral of the story -- always recharge your camera (or take fresh batteries if you have that)
Why do I know this? Bwaa ha ha ha ha ha. yeah.
That chicken is TOTALLY cool. You really drove two hours trying to find it back!?!?! The mailman probably thinks "I wish that was my chicken..." I don't know how I missed this post. Shame on me.
Ahhhh a vintage orange cone orange VW. I'll have to admit that I miss my VW, but times marches on.
Stay cool!
Punkn
That is one beauty of a car!
I think it's funny when people have dressed up mailboxes, some of them are great entertainment!
Oh I so love the orange Beetle and I would love one but it would have to be an automatic hehe. That is a cute chicken I love stuff like that, thanks for sharing :o) HUGS!
I think that *Chicken * Is more Turkey that chicken...just saying. love the Org. Bug. Y.O.P. jUnYaH..
Love the bug!I miss the days when Tara and I actively looked for bugs to add to her photo collection. Old and new they are just so darned cute! Ya Ya needs to bring back Orange You Glad it's Friday!
I thought I was the only one who did stuff like that, driving around to recreate a photo op!
A Yaya car!! That car reminds me of my 5th grade teacher. She used to drive an old beat up light blue one.
so the chicken crossed the road to get to the orange beetle?
Post a Comment