Where are the children that we used to be?

(Silent sea): At picture shows where nobody goes and only the heart can see.
Starry skies, soft lullabies.
Where do they go when their melody dies?

(Starry skies): To a day... far, far away, that only the heart may know.
Friends we knew follow us, through all of the days of our lives.
Love we shared waits for us there where our wishes forever reside.
Falling tears, memories' mirrors.
Where are the summers, oh, where are the years?

(Falling tears): Carried far to a wandering star that only the heart may know.
Friends we knew follow us through all of the days of our lives.
Love we shared waits for us there where our wishes forever reside...
Starry skies, soft lullabies
Where do they go when their melody dies?

(Starry skies): To a day... far, far away, that only the heart may know...that only the heart may know...
Dan Fogelberg and Emmylou Harris

16 comments:
Lovely and lonely words. Are you okay?
I think it is a beautiful song, very nicely sung, but I have to agree with Parsley's assessment, are you okay????? thinking about you Iggy and hoping all is as well as it can be.......
betty
How beautiful..yeat sad too at the same time. Hope you are doing well my friend *hugsssssss*
Beautiful; and I too feel I have to echo Parsley's words!
*Hugs*
Hauntingly beautiful...
I too ask, you ok?
*hugs*
I don't remember ever hearing this song. I agree--hauntingly beautiful, but there is a sorrow in the song. Hope you and yours are okay? Emmylou has the most beautiful voice--like an angel! I love that she let her hair go grey/white and wasn't into trying to stay 25 years old. ;) She's a beauty in her 60s! Thanks for sharing this lovely duet. :)
Beautiful - just like you.
Huge of hugest hugs.
Just beautiful. And sad. Sometimes that's okay and that's what we need. Hope this was a moment of refection and you are okay,
that made me weep...u ok? I love you.
Wow, those words. I'm really feeling that one. I hope all is well with you my friend.
Hope you are doing well during these hot summer days.
Beautiful song. Dan Fogelberg was one of the best singer/songwriters, IMO.
That is very beautiful Iggy, I hope all is ok HUGS!!!
I don't know the song, but I love the lyrics. Beautiful and- I agree with the posters above- haunting. Love your choice of photos, too!
Sending a hug or two your way and thinking of you today.
(hey, i'm a poet and didn't know it) :)
Post a Comment