This morning, on my way to work, I (somehow) spotted this license plate through a window simply covered with pollen and other spring time airborne stuff.
The plate reads, "GO2MOES"... Go to Moe's. So I've spent the morning wondering just where I am to go... to see Moe.
Locally, there is a sporting goods store known as Modell's. They used to have an ad they played a gazillion times on the radio and TV that said, "Gotta to Go to Moes!"
But this car wasn't heading the right way to go to Modell's. So I pondered some more while drinking some coffee. Could they have meant the bar run by this man... Morris "Moe" Szyslak?
...who has this place?
...on the Simpsons, a TV cartoon series? Gosh. If that is the Moe to go to, I need to find Springfield, umm... whoa... what state is it in? Racking my brains as hard as I can, I can only recall this, "Krusty the Clown started out as a street mime in Tupelo, Mississippi," which doesn't help any but confirms I know a lot of useless stuff...
(Just for fun Where is Springfield?)
Totally, stymied, I type "Moe" in Google and wowsers! I get 6,070,000 results (in 0.14 seconds, no less) Drats! That does not help me much either! I do, however, see that there are some Moe's nearby...
Moe's Market Grocery
779 Kohn St
Norristown, PA 19401
Moe's Springfield Grille
121 South State Road
Springfield, PA 19064
Moe's Deli Restaurant
7360 Frankford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA
Who would have thought there were so many Moe's to go to?
Suddenly, I'm inspired! I type in www.moes.com and see what happens! And I gasp in delight when I see, in the upper right-hand corner, an icon that says "Find Moe"!! "Pay dirt!" I think to myself...
Moe's Southwest Grill
1460 Bethlehem Pike
North Wales, PA 19454
(215) 793-4605
Well... the car was heading that way... Maybe I'll check it out someday, maybe right after I clean my windshield.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




19 comments:
Let us know what you find out when you go to check it out. LOL
(no, i have not drowned)
I'm sure they appreciate the free advertising.
P.S. The header change is appropriate.
Reading all/most/some of the information about Springfield...somebody sure had a lot of time on their hands...and came to no conclusion or main guess. ROFL!
It does make you wonder which Moe's they meant on the license plate. Maybe if you drove by each one you'd find that little car on one of the parking lots? LOL! ;)
gotta admire your sticking with this, Iggy, to track down the license plate meaning. I see lots of personalized ones and try to figure them out and then promptly forget them. I hope you visit Moe's sometimes and report your adventure there; and like Rita said, maybe you'll see the car parked there!!
have a great weekend!
betty
I wonder... Was the Moe's they were going to named after the one from the Simpsons?
And which Springfield is the right Springfield? Because there seem to be a few Springfields, if I'm not mistaken.
Pick me up on the way! I've always wanted to go to Moe's :-)
What a fun blog post, Iggy!!! If you do go to Moe's...be sure to take pics!
I think you should go TODAY!!!
And your car window is makin' me sneeze from here. Not that mine looks much different...LOL!
I love witty license plates. Wish there was a Moes nearby me - I'd direct you there!
Springfield is a whole nother matter. There are Springfields everywhere!!!! - including Missouri - so that would work.
Your car window looks like mine. Ugh.
Have a wonderful weekend Iggs!
Hooray...I can comment! This really cracks me up. I too thought of the Simpsons show. Might be funny to have a blog asking for possible plate names. I have one.
my daughters name is maryjo..we call her mojo or mo...so if your in san francisco..go see mo
Haha, you're so silly! Good luck finding this popular Moe. The first thing I thought of when I saw your post title was Modell's so maybe you just need a new pair of walking sneakers?
Hope you find Moe..take the photo with you! For proper identification! :)
Parsley has a plate name too? I gotta ask her about that! :)
You have incredible perseverance. You will research something until you exhaust every possibility. That is an admirable quality!
Mo's in Lincoln City, Oregon
haha, love how the wheels in your head turns.
I love that you did all that research! Now I want to go to Moe's....though I hope he was talking about the bar in the Simpsons because I could really go for a cold one right now!
Great post... I've not been to Moe's either, but that is what I thought of when I first saw your post. I saw one at Yum Yum one day that said IM-LAZY.
I love reading stuff on cars! I see the best bumper stickers and such! You have a new place to check out! Let us know if they are a great place to get some lunch!
And the first thing I thought of... was the Simpson's...
I see several Moe's in our area too, but it doesn't look like the type of place I'd enjoy eating at. Well I might, but would suffer somethin terrible afterwards.
Post a Comment