
Should I have looked around for Wile E. Coyote to see if he threw this brick at a famous roadrunner?

All the rivers, lakes and ponds we have around here, and these "waterfowl" decide to sit and drink from a puddle?
The strang thing about this puddle was that these two geese "belonged" to a flock of about a dozen geese and they all fought over this puddle (which was only one of about 30 of them in a huge empty parking lot). The flock's alpha goose took note of the ruckus and honked, hissed, and threatened all the others into scurrying away where upon he (or she) immediately sat in the puddle.

19 comments:
Darn bully. I bet he's afraid to swim and doesn't want the others to know it and make fun of him.
ACME... HA!!!
oh to funny with the geese.......
I to was waiting the wile E to show his face :)
x
I KNEW that ACME co. was real!
ENjoy a wonderful weekend, Iggy.
Have a great weekend, Iggy. *hugs*
I snorted when I saw the ACME brick. I know... not lady like at all, is it.
There is a bully in every crowd.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Punkn
I thought of Wile E Coyote right away! He had to be somewhere. He missed the roadrunner again! (No blood on the rock--hehe!)
I loved the story of the geese. Somebody has to keep the peace, I guess. They do like to squabble--even if it is only over a puddle. :)
Isn't it amazing what you can spot in some random location???
Damn geese drive me nuts. They are strange and annoying creatures. The goslings are adorable but the parents can be down right nasty.
You know how it is....long trips make EVERYONE cranky! LOL!
I love your pictures!
When I was a kid, you didn't see a lot of geese..now they are everywhere in Michigan!
Hehe about Wile E Coyote!
Those darn water fowl!!! They look like the canadian geese we get here. They're as tall as my knee! And they're beautiful to look at, but they are SO bossy. I know they mate for life, so you will always usually see two together. If one is missing, something is wrong!
The puddle thing? Well, they fought over a spot once... on top of a car in our parking lot. And they honked everybody away who tried to get near. Including the car owners.
Interesting birds, these!
geese are very terriorial..and i love love the acme brick..ha
There's some 'life lessons' we can learn from the geese and the puddle.
Have a good weekend!
What a strange world we live in. LOL!
makes you wonder what was in that puddle that attracted the geese so much! liked that picture so very much!
hope you have a nice restful weekend Iggy :)
betty
That bully sounds like Pesto.
Have a wonderful long weekend!
hey- don't judge- that is a pretty awesome puddle.
and when i was little, i thought that "acme" and "acne" were the same thing, which led to some odd conversations...
Awwww loved this post too cute indeed thanks!!
Why did I just get a mental image of myself at the dinner table? Honking at the kids and then promptly stealing away the last, and biggest, piece of french bread?
I woulda been looking for the coyote too!
Post a Comment