The bikers soon get tired of me watching them run off the path when I won't get over. But with Spring once again here, I have this urge to re-visit some of my favorite places to walk - just to check things out and to make sure things are still where I left them when the dark cold winter months came.
And so it was yesterday I was walking the other way on the Schuylkill River Trail, from Betzwood toward Norristown, eager to see how some of my favorite little buddies had survived a rather hard winter.

When I encountered these Orange ConeHead Aliens (OCHAs) trying to stand on the other's shoulders to get a better view, I had to chuckle... being cone-shaped means needing about a dozen fellow cones to cooperate in order to get a better view, and the ones down below can't see anything at all!
It didn't really occur to me to check and see what the silly OCHAs were looking at - I mean, from past experience, I know that they like looking into holes in the ground and into car tailpipes.

But then I saw these Orange Round Barrel Aliens (ORBAs) trying to get a better view by standing on each other's shoulder too. Hmmm, something was definitely afoot. I slowly turned and peered around, looking for what it was that held their attention, and saw...

...a very rare and very hungry quintet of Plutoian Orange Black-Mouthed Suckers (POBS) waving in the breeze, trying to attract some unsuspecting prey into their mouths. They too were looking around. I heard one say, "Num, num, num, I like my orange juice freshly squeezed and pulpy."

I had first pictured in my mind, given the ill-orange blood between the OCHAs and the ORBAs, some gang of ORBAs had cornered a solitary cone and was heckling and kicking it while they had superior numbers. Those nasty ORBAs are such cowards! But this wasn't the case - this time.

Of course, those disgusting ORBAs must know better than pick on an OCHA. Some of those OCHAs are really, really strong and powerful, like this one that I once saw, able to hold back an automobile simply by leaning on it.
I decided to cross the street to see if I could get a better look of what the stacked OCHAs and ORBAs were looking at. Under my feet I saw some...

...very strange markings. Two white arrows pointing to a half closed, all-seeing eye surrounded by fresh OCHA blood... Was this the scene of a ritual offering to the OCHA gods? Or was it a crime scene waiting for Horatio to arrive in his Hummer? I tried to read the lettering, u-w-d-1? The longer I looked at it, the more I decided reading Mayan glyphs was easier.
My head was about to explode as my two surviving brain cells overheated and started smoking from the deciphering effort. Don't laugh...

...it's happened before, see? This poor OCHA stands next to the remains of its long time mate who's brains have exploded. Or perhaps the destroyed OCHA was the victim of this...

A Quadra-headed Ray of Light Beam Alien (QHROLBA, trust me, you need to speak Klingon to pronounce this one). You may have seen one of these before, remember the movie, War of the Worlds? H. G. Wells (or even Tom Cruise) might be able to tell us if the dead, shredded OCHA was killed by a QHROLBA, but my feeble powers observation and deduction were stymied.
And then I saw what everyone was looking at...
...out in the green meadow, surrounded by flowers, basking in the warm sunshine, were my rusty balls... Oh my.
All photographs except the last one supplied by Photojournalist, LadyStyx.

21 comments:
Nice to know your rusty balls survived the winter. LOL
I hope you have a good day today. *hugs*
It's true. Aliens do exist. My daughter is certain that green jello will ward them off!
Oh...be sure to carry a towel with you at all times as they are extremly handy and if ever asked...just say 42!
Oh my indeed. You had me laughing all the way through this post. What a story teller you are. And it all came down to your rusty balls. LOL
Your so funny Iggy thanks so much for making me smile and laugh, hugsss
My what big balls you have :o/
Awesome story Iggy!!!
I like my orange juice freshly squeezed and pulpy too! LOL!
*raises an eyebrow* Those are gigantic balls indeed!
Terrific story and pictures to go with! :) I loved it!
oh noes!....zombie cone heads
What have you been drinking/eating/smoking????
I've always believed in aliens so I want to thank you so much for the proof that they exist with your pictures! Awesome!
Maybe you need to spray some rustoleum on your rusty balls? Jeeze, I sound like a perv.
LOL, this was soo fun to read, what a delightful silly story you concocted Iggy; thanks for the Tuesday laugh
betty
See, that's what happens when you leave your balls out too long.
LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist!
See, now I totally interpreted some of those differently in that email I'd sent you. Had no clue what you'd already written. *smirks* My take still would have gotten you down to your rusty balls if written correctly... LMAO!!!
aha, that was awesome! is it weird that i actually got sad when those barrel-shaped bastards were standing over the dead body of a poor little cone?
I'm glad you didn't lose your rusty balls. Hope your two brain cells cooled off enough to be saved for another days adventure. Hugs!
OMGosh you are too funny! I am glad I came back!
Have you ever though of haveing a heart to heart talk with Doctor Phill ?? lmao.. you and them cones i swear..
Lady Styx rocks.
OCHA blood. Oh my.
Oh that's totally hissss--terrrr--uuhhhh---cull... but I just wanna know why your balls were exposed to the elements all winter?!?!?!
OMG! So funny! Travels with cones--mystery, aliens, murder, and rusty balls! Fun, fun post! :)
I love with a passion your rusty balls lol
you so made my day with this post :)
x
Post a Comment