Not wanting to wait in line for hours - heck, I can bearly wait for minutes - I left the soap where I found it and went home.

From WeatherUnderground.com:
Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 7 PM EST Saturday.
Friday
Cloudy. Snow likely with a chance of rain this afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds becoming west around 5 mph this afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
Tonight
Snow. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Brisk with lows in the lower 20s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
Saturday
Snow. Total snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches. Brisk with highs in the upper 20s. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy with a chance of snow showers in the evening, then mostly clear after midnight. Lows around 16. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent.
And from Weather.com:
Heavy 2-to-locally-4-inch rain stretching from northern Florida into Tidewater Virginia will result in spotty flooding.
But the main event with this storm will be heavy snow in the Mid-Atlantic States. Snow will begin in the Washington area this afternoon and spread northward towards Philadelphia by evening.
Heavy snow will continue into Saturday before winding down by evening. Travel may grind to a halt for a time, especially overnight and Saturday.
By the time the storm ends, many areas in northern Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and southern Pennsylvania will have over a foot of snow. Some places may end up nearly two feet of snow from this storm.
That ought to make a certain snow bunny in Virginia happy, but if you hear whimpering (or smell someone really ripe and in need of a shower), it's coming from me near Philadelphia.

26 comments:
Iggy, it's been that way since forever. People hear snow in the forecast and it's a mad stampede to the market. They act like they're going to be snowed in for weeks. It's just ridiculous, and yet everyone does it.
Whenever we have snow in the forecast all I need to get is a bottle of whisky for Leland and a couple of bottles of wine for me. With that much snow I just want to get black-out drunk so I can forget about it!
May I ask what Ivory has done to you? I also have the brand on my hit list. Dang them right to heck.
I WANT SNOW!! It looks like the snow has completely bypassed the Seattle area this year. It is unseasonably warm here. And I don't like it! :)
I just left Geiger's, a local ski and apparel shop, and there was a mad rush to get skis waxed.
I had to wait in line.
Go figure.
:-)
Upside was everyone at that point was showered.
Bring the SNOW!
ooh, that's exciting! it's snowing over here, but i don't think it's going to be a blizzard of epic proportions. i WISH it was, though! i think it'd be a blast to get snowed in and have to play board games and drink to pass the time!
Looks like you're gonna get much more snow than we are again. We're in the trace to 1 inch area up here to your north. That's what was predicted early this morning before I went to work, that is.
I just got home from grocery shopping...no mad rush to the stores up here. Just normal Friday afternoon traffic and business. The feed mill was hectic this morning. I hate to know how busy it got this afternoon, because I have to take care of all of that posting tomorrow, but I'm sure it was very busy.
Thanks for the heads up. If I smell something really ripe coming from the south, I'll know it's you. :)
Stay safe, Iggy. *hugs*
Eeek! Bundle up and stay indoors. I hope it's not as bad as they predict. And you still have time to stock up a week's worth of supplies and just hibernate til next week :)
Crazy! Stay safe.
I do not want snow like that.
LOL Iggy, I loved your post, I tell ya you Northerners would get a kick out of the Southeners here because if they call for just a lil bit of snow they flock to the stores like mad people also, its funny and like you I just don't want to deal with it, you keep warm and cozy HUGS
Smell ya later :o)
that potentially could be lots of snow! stay safe! hope the cones will be safe too; they could be buried under all that snow; thankfully their orange color will be easy to spot when the rescue squad comes in :)
do be careful :)
betty
Yup, I experienced the same madness.
And if you remember, we don't own a shovel, but had been driving around for days looking for one. No luck. Finally borrowed one from my husband's parents since they have 2. My husband is out right now clearing a path for the dogs...even though it's not too bad here yet. I think he's just excited that we have a shovel. :)
Oh, and I got to "work" from home today. Keep the snow coming, I want to "work" from home all next week.
Stay safe and warm!
Holy cow! Wear that Yaya-Made neckwarmer and stay warm! ;)
And here I've been complaining because it's a "cold" 65 degrees and thunderstorms here in my part of Florida! Stay warm Iggy! *Hugs*
Ya should have come to Walgreen's we have the soap and NO lines!!!!
I can't imagine dealing with the hub-bub and craziness, either. We don't have those rushes too often up here as we are used to crappy weather and blizzards and ice storms and the lot. I think most people stock up in the fall--ROFL! There is a bit more store traffic before storms, true--but I saw on TV the empty shelves and people lining up for shovels! Who doesn't own a shovel?! Such an alien concept--ROFL! Stay inside and safe. Oh--and if it is cold enough you won't sweat and be less stinky--LOLOL!!
Hopefully at some point you'll get to enjoy the snow and a shower.
Arkansas never gets snow like that but got to say I am not sad about it.
You notice smack dab in the middle of that mess is ole Texas? and smack dab in the middle of ole Texas is me...in the high 50's today...
looks like you're getting the weather we had 3 weeks ago... the worse snow fall here for more then 50 years, and people went crazy buying everything in sight... and living in a village with out one main road in closed, there was no delivery of anything for a week.... good job I make wonderful bread :) all I needed was me own cow.....
you wrap up and and DONT slip on the snow, when I eventually get round to showing me snow photos it will be crimbo again, you know, the same crimbo I aint even Twaddled about yet lol
lowe you...
oxo
umm...almost. But not quite. I think a few more inches would do. Maybe after the next wave comes thru on Tuesday...
Really!?!?! What was the big deal? I thought it was the perfect weekend to plan a special trip across the entire state of PA and a visit into Delaware. And what fun it was to drive all the way back and then dig our way back into the house with a driveway under 21 inches of snow. Now there's a party.
All of a sudden your posts are not showing on my reader and boom! I miss one! I would have left the store too. You have to be so sick of this weather! Snowing here again too. I tried to drive today and couldn't make it up the drive (again). Stay safe! Huge hugs.
I'm feeling guilty with 45-50 degree weather (a bit foggy)...
But we had our share last year, I guess.
You guys get a little snow and all i hear is whinning...lol I guess since im a Mainer its just taken for granted that we are going to see a lot of snow starting sometime around November and end maybe in March or the first of April , we stock up during the winter as we shop buying more than what we use at a weeks time.Firewood has been done since November and stacked in a dry shed.Freesers are full.Generators are fueled and standing at the ready..oil barrels are full..let er come...
It's like that here... "The snow is coming, buy supplies for a couple of months... Never mind the fact most of it will be no good by next week, because what we're buying doesn't include any non-perishable goods!"
That's how it seems to me anyway.
If you don't like waiting in the checkout line, maybe you could order your soap over the internet, it could be delivered right to your door, and no more waiting! I hope you're finally done digging out, and didn't hurt yourself too badly.
Post a Comment