Saturday, May 9, 2009

There are some things money can't buy...

Parking in the short term lot at Philadelphia International Airport - $7.00.

Karla and James in the luggage claim area after flying in from Texas
Meeting a friend for the first time in 15 years - Priceless. Karla and her son James in the luggage claim area after flying in from Texas.

Filling the tank full of gas and driving 320 miles - $80.00

Alice Kay meeting Karla
Seeing a friend meet their best friend for the first time - Priceless. Left to right, Alice Kay's husband, Terri, Alice Kay standing behind Karla, and James.

After trying to cram 4 or 5 days of sightseeing into 2 days, I'm in need of a good nap on the sofa. I'll catch up with commenting on your entries soon - and bore you with a story about the Rocky statue at the Art Museum, pictures of a T-Rex eating James' arm off, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Valley Forge National Park, Chin Strap Ducks in a feeding frenzy, James and Karla meeting my Moose, Alien Space Spheres and James strange disappearance there, a pictureless rush through Blue Ball, Bird in Hand, Intercourse and Paradise in which we saw the Amish in horse-drawn buggies and hard at work in their fields and washing machines, the Civil War battlefield at Gettysburg, the Roaring Bull ferry landing (but no ferry), and up the river and into the hills of north-central Pennsylvania where I pointed out the Alice Kay Feedmill to my friends but... it was raining... and finally ending up in the Cable Guys Woods in Alice Kay's backyard...

16 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

That sounds like a wonderful and busy trip! Enjoy your nap!!

Karla said...

Hey HEY did I say you could post that pic? LMAO *hugssssssss* I enjoyed meeting you a lot! BTW...I thought one of those spheres had followed us..but it was James! He's sitting in the back yard getting rained on now! LMAO Talk to you later my friend! *hugs*

LadyStyx said...

"that pic" Must mean that she was gonna allow one and not the other?

So many happy faces there.

LadyStyx said...

Oh wait....Terri better have grabbed a shot of the 3 of you!

Dorkys Ramos said...

Sounds like a busy and wonderful week! Rest up so you can tell us all about it later.

Celticspirit said...

Sounds like you had a super time!

yellowdoggranny said...

oh what happy faces...and sounds like you had a wonderful time...good for all of you..

Karla said...

I got one of AK and Iggy Styxie...but none of the three of us...sorry!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a fantastic few days. Can't wait to hear about it properly. :)

MarmiteToasty said...

Priceless indeed.......oh my, I wondered where you had buggered off to, I was almost on an aeroplane over to hunt you down...

Looks and sounds like you all that the most amazing time...

Heres to friendships.....*raising me glass* cheers...... (actually its a mug of tea, but what the heck lol)..

x

Deanna said...

Absolutely priceless!!!!!

Wonderful pictures and think of the memories you have to treasure.

You locked James out, Karla? lol

sugarlens said...

Ah, I was wondering where you were. Glad you had a good weeks!

Lainie said...

Can't wait for more pics. Sounds like everyone had a good time. Look forward to hearing all the stories.

jewelzmomof4 said...

m so glad you all got to meet face to face. That is so neat. I really enjoy your posts intense Guy keep 'em coming. Like my mom I love to get on and see what you have blogged about today.

ChicagoLady said...

Quite the whirlwind tour of PA, methinks. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I'm so glad you got to meet Karla finally, and that you were able to bring Karla to finally meet AK.

AliceKay said...

MANY, MANY THANKS, MY FRIEND. *HUGS*