While walking around in the Norristown Farm Park, I came across this memorial stone for Louis T. Damiani, the founder of the Stony Creek Anglers. While I don't know the man, I thought the inscription was memorable :-)
God, grant me that I may live to fish to my dying day
and when it comes to my last task,
I most humbly pray,
that in the Lord's safe handling net
I'm peacefully asleep,
and in his mercy
that I be judged big enough to keep.
The farm park was created from the extensive grounds of the former State of Pennsylvania Mental Health Hospital. It has rolling hills, fields, a creek that babbles through the granite stones, blue birds amongst others, and many old and interesting farm buildings. In all, its a lovely place to walk.
I too will hope I'm "big enough to keep"...
Sunday, January 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The park sounds like a very nice place to take a walk or two. *hugs*
Post a Comment